LaunchBox Community Forums

ply cannot delete / amend a certain game in Launchbox!

Hi - So i suddenly have a problem where Demul HOTD2 just wouldnt load. Seemed to be out of the blue. All other Demul shooter games still worked. managed to add another copy of HOTD2 so i have 2 copies in my library. Problem is i just cannot for the life of me hide it, delete it, amend it, anything!!...  See the pic. It is within a playlist called "Light gun games" where i know i cant delete straight from there.. I have unticked the Genre as "Shooter-Gun" so it doesnt appear in the playlist, yet it comes back upon reload.. I have been to ALL games and deleted the game where it asks me for confirmation and i say yes - it goes, nothing there... Reload and back!.... Within Bigbox i unlock > go into this sticky HOTD2 > Select Hide and Broken yet it still doesnt dissapear..... For some reason within Launchbox under its additional apps section it also has 2x the Demulshooter app to start which of course is wrong and i for sure didnt add 2. Again i delete them and they come back. Something real odd going on somewhere.. Any help MUCH appreciated!

image.thumb.jpeg.7ac765be6e5ce5e49fea5a2712a323d2.jpeg

Literally every time some one ever has reported that a delete item has magically returned the user has had files in their data folder that do not belong. In your \\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms folder make sure you have ONE file per platform and don't have anything in there that says "copy" or "-backup". If those files are there move them out or delete them.

hi C-Beats. So i didnt have any showing as Copy or Backup in either my Platforms OR Playlists folders.  It is as if the Game entry is on read only.. Within Launch box i go into the Light gun playlist where it resides > Edit > Change ANYTHING in there such as remove Demul shooter from Additional apps > OK > restart launch box and when i go back in its back to the way it was - in this instance with Demul shooter back as an additional app.. OR.. if i have deleted the game altogether its all back!

Within Bigbox if i unlock it and goto "Hide" it doesnt even hide it. It just will not dissapear which seems crazy