LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Playlist 📄 Party Time! 🥳 + Steam Key Giveaway

AstroBob

Best Party Games?  Some obvious ones and some definitely not.

• Mario Party (Any) - These games are literally designed for a party.  I can play with my kids and we can all get angry/excited and not want to kill each other in the end.
  • Mario Kart (Any) - Another set of obvious party games, but better for people who can end the game and not hold a grudge because of the $%^&ing blue shell!
  • The Next Tetris - A well timed Tetris can absolutely end your opponents chances to do anything other than spin their block and hope they can recover.  Great for frenemies.
  • X-Men (6 player arcade) - Bad controls, questionable story, designers who clearly didn't know the characters.  Classic nostalgia arcade gaming.
  • God of War - People sometimes suck and you want to rage by yourself.  Parties of one are still parties.

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe - Just a great time, especially the mini games 

Mario Party 6 - Our family's go-to version, inventive maps

Super Smash Bros - As intense as you want it to be

DBZ Budokai 3 - Nobody to play with anymore, but had a lot of fun growing up with this fighter

Wii sports. Massive fond memories of my family playing bowls.

Warioware.

Singstar. Wailing Gold at the top of our lungs when we came back from the pub.

Guitar hero

Micro Machines. Really loved this game and is still prob one of the only games my wife still plays with me

I rarely play party games, but these are the ones I had a lot of fun playing with friends and family.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

Party Animals

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Golf With Your Friends

My list of the best party time games is:

Dead Island : The countless hours I spent with my friends playing home lan parties on this 4 co-op zombie killing game with decent story set on a Caribbean Iike Island
Diablo 3 : Story mode and Seasons party time with my friends slaughtering demons and unholy creatures. I would also switch to Diablo 2 for old weekend Lan party type gaming (but I included it in the top 5 games for me). 
Buzz Quiz World : I just loved this for testing your knowledge with friends at home or even with your party against other parties online (couch party vs couch party)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder : This is recent but amazing for me classic Mario gaming with party mode for great laughs with friends at home
Wii Sports Resort : This one needs no introduction its like Wii Sports 2. I loved over the original because the extra motion sensor that made the party games more fun.

Dead_island_PC_packshot.png.41e1e0fef3b2a25c6ff036b1adad7006.png Diablo_III_cover.png.80fa2a707ab2e69567b5e51fb1be7d6a.png buzzquiz.png.c3177a803b3a65b468f3f50f05978506.png SuperMarioBros.Wonder.jpg.5ed5cec9daf69158c383aff6b86a853a.jpg wiisportsresort.jpg.a52e29611215462478de7a487ad3b876.jpg

Edited by Octopus6

-Sega Soccer Slam (ps2/gamecube) no one notice this awesome figting football game 🥲

-A Way Out/It Takes Two : Only two players but this is awesome

-Overcooked (almost every system 💀) gonna loose somes friendship

-Castle Crashers (Xbox/pc) : ⚔️ 

-Crash Bash (ps1) : Too much good memory with My bro on this one 

-WWE games, especially royal rumble ❤️

Wwe Smackdown Shut ur Mouth!  Cause I love this old one

TNA Impact! : Wrestling games toi but fun 🙄

IMG_3409.png

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3408.jpeg

IMG_3410.jpeg

IMG_3405.jpeg

IMG_3406.jpeg

The best 5 party games that I played and recommend
Kinect Adventures : Jumping up, down and doing weird moves with my friends was great fun
Wii Play : After the above game we always played some wii games too, we liked the Wii Sports but this one was more fun for us 
Borderlands : Ohhh the memories of long summer nights with my buddies trying to find the best weapon drop and finish all the missions
Starcraft : Well for me one the best RTS if not the best. Me and my friends burned thousands of hours fight each other every possible way solo or team or we against the bots
Baldur's Gate : Having pizza Friday night and adventuring with my friend in lan party until Sunday. Great memories

910oALBMS7L.jpg.38d26b990ce847fafcd972ed5e141083.jpgWii_Play_Europe.jpg.213ab2b94afa58164c75429a10db552d.jpgBorderlandscover.jpg.6f868169a11abf02bfcbb36ebd9aa76b.jpgStarCraft_box_art.jpg.d0e18f2ae8b2b6d7279a82b05fdec966.jpgBaldurs_Gate_box.png.c8791b6b5d720752e6c37098e177bb99.png

Thank you all for your incredible contributions! This event has now wrapped up, and it’s been amazing seeing the variety of game suggestions for the ultimate party playlist. The sheer range of games you’ve shared that can be enjoyed with friends is astounding—I’ve got a long list to try at my next gathering! 😉 If any friendships get tested, I’ll know who to blame! 😄

Next week, we’ll be finalizing both the playlists and the prize winners.

• We’ll update this post once the games are added to the playlist, so keep an eye on the Game Discovery Center.
  • As for the giveaway, winners will be contacted via DM, and we’ll update this post once everyone’s been notified.

Thanks again for making this event a blast! — this is just the beginning for community playlists!

giphy.webp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• AstroBob unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Hi Folks,

With the release of LaunchBox 13.16 today, you can now find a lovely new playlist in your Game Discovery Center. As you explore Big Box, you might come across a playlist called `Party Time! - Event Playlist`, featuring some truly awesome suggestions! 😉 We hope it gives you all some great suggestions for your next gaming get-together 🎮

Thank you once again to everyone who contributed to this list. The winners of the Steam keys for this event have now all been contacted.

More details on the release can be found below:

• Thanks 1