LaunchBox Community Forums

The Great Game Gauntlet 👑 (Rules & Prize Info)

AstroBob

Hi Folks,

As part of our 11th birthday celebrations, we’re excited to present “The Great Game Gauntlet” all week long! 🎮 🎉

A popular genre today is the “video game collection.” Whether it’s a repackaging of retro classics, complete remasters of beloved trilogies or an entire series in a single package with updated quality-of-life improvements, these collections offer players a fantastic way to re-experience gaming history. 

With LaunchBox embodying the spirit of collecting, we’re on a quest to discover:

What makes a great video game collection?

Here’s how it works:

• From Monday 26th to Thursday 29th, a new post will feature a set of games for you to vote on, along with a specific question to answer.
  • At the end of each day, we’ll randomly select winners to receive Steam keys for the day’s top-voted game.
  • On Friday, the winning games will face off in a final round to determine the ultimate video game collection, with additional Steam keys for the winning game being sent out to lucky participants.

The best part? Anyone who participates in the event throughout the week will also be entered to win a Steam key for the upcoming Marvel VS Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics!

🔗 Steam Store Page

So, if you want to walk away with some awesome Steam keys, then make sure to join us each day, vote for your favourites and join in on the conversation for a chance to win! 💪

Posts 🔗

Day 1: Video Game Series Collections! [CLOSED 🔴 ]
Winner: 🧛 Castlevania Advance Collection 🧛
🔗 Link To Post

Day 2: Game Company Collections! -  [CLOSED 🔴 ]
Winner: 🎮 SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics 🦔
🔗 Link to Post

Day 3: Remastered Trilogy Collections -  [CLOSED 🔴 ]
Winner: TOMB RAIDER I-III REMASTERED
🔗 Link to Post

Day 4: Remastered Duology Collections [CLOSED 🔴 ]
 Winner (s): Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 & Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster 
🔗 Link to Post

Day 5: The Final Battle! - [CLOSED 🔴 ]
Winner: 🧛‍♂️ CASTLEVANIA ADVANCE COLLECTION 🧛‍♂️
🔗 Link to Post

Rules ℹ️

How Can I Enter?
To be eligible for each day's giveaway, you must vote on the poll and answer the question in the post. For the Marvel VS Capcom Fighting Collection giveaway, participating on any of the days will enter you into the giveaway.

How is the Winner Selected?
Winners will be chosen at random from all unique posts at the end of each days event. Posting multiple times WILL NOT increase your chances of winning.

Event Duration
There will be five posts, one per day from August 26th to August 30th. After each day, the thread for that day will be locked.

How Will I Know If I’ve Won?
After the event has closed, all winners will be notified via direct message on the forum.

How will I receive my code?
Released games will be sent via a Steam key or via a gift on Steam.

How many keys are up for grabs?
Lots! We can't reveal the exact numbers since it depends on what games win the vote each day, but there will be plenty of opportunities to win

• Like 6
  • Game On 3

Hi Folks, 

What a week it’s been! It’s been amazing to see everyone’s suggestions, discussions, and contributions to the Gauntlet. A huge thank you to everyone who participated! The final day’s poll has wrapped, and the king of the Gauntlet has been chosen. Drumroll please… the winner is:

🥳 🧛‍♂️ CASTLEVANIA ADVANCE COLLECTION 🧛‍♂️ 🥳

That's a lot of love for Konami and the GBA in the community, so the final Steam key prize pool includes:

Normal Prize Pool 🥉

• SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics
  • Tomb Raider I-III Remastered
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Double Prize Pool 🥈

• Castlevania Advance Collection

And the ultimate prize for 1 lucky winner 🥇

• Marvel VS Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics

Don’t forget, there are multiple keys up for grabs! Winners will be chosen next week and contacted via DM through the forum. We’ll update this post once all winners have been notified.

Good luck! 🎉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1

• AstroBob unfeatured and unpinned this topic