LaunchBox Community Forums

The Great Game Gauntlet 👑 DAY 4

AstroBob

The Great Game Gauntlet: Round 4  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your vote for the game you’d like to see advance to the next round!

• Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2
    • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
    • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
    • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
    • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

I always like the concept art for the game as bonus content.  Seeing how a character went from first thoughts to final product is always intriguing.  Original music and remastered music compilations are always wonderful as well, the music is one of the things that really bring the nostalgia home.

Some of these have already been mentioned but here are my thoughts on what takes a remaster or collection to the next level.
 - Overworld hub like Sonic Jam
 - Extra story elements or events but only if they make sense and add to the overall experience
 - Updated graphics that stay true to the original i.e. if a game was in 2D make it HD2D instead of 3D
 - Add special options or cheats e.g. an easy mode, double xp for RPG's, faster walking, etc.
 - Graphics toggle like Halo MMC
 - Music toggle for games where the sound track was unique based on the region like Sonic CD
 - Unreleased or Beta stuff like including Star Fox 2 on the SNES classic

I know I may be spoiled but I need me some new short stories.  A prologue or epilogue, canon side stories. The type of stories that expand on a character or an event in-game. 

Doesn't have to be any new feat of gameplay mechanics or anything too in-depth, anything will be fine when you have devs that care about the story they want to tell.

Something along the lines of a Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed (peak btw), the wave 4 DLC to Xenoblade 3. Or Magolor Epilogue: The Interdimensional Traveler, the Extra Mode in Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe.

Masterpieces of their IPs detailing some very unique playing experiences.

proxy-image.thumb.jpg.e1505a881abbca1b30741c0cca44c655.jpg  KRtDLD_Magolor_Epilogue_title_screen.thumb.jpg.99a3e0095f853e75c00335e7992ef093.jpg

I would like to see concept art and "museum" type collections like others have stated. Devloper commentary would be cool to listen/view to as well. Get their thoughts on why they chose to design a level a certain ways and what was included or not in the final build, etc.

I have to agree that interactive museum is next level! Any additional content is an extra bonus for me art, videos, soundtracks, stories and if it's interactive that's just collectors dream!

Thanks for all the fantastic ideas, everyone! There’s so much potential for bonus content in games, and you’ve shared some excellent examples

Day 4 of the gauntlet is now closed, and look at that, we have a draw! These 2 games got exactly the same number of votes. I guess that means... 

They're both going through to the final round! 😱 The 2 winners are

️ Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

️ Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2

The final round is here, it's time to choose which game is the king of the collections. Check out Day 5 of the gauntlet down below: 

• Unusual Gem 1