LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch - DS with Overlay & Border 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

retroarch 1.6.4. Please anyone, I need help! The overlay doesn't seem to apply at all. I open up retroatch --> second settings ---> onscreen display - onscreen overlay - overlay preset - 'and choose my file' Resume game and nothing applies. What am i doing wrong and what other settings do I need to apply? is it the Retroarch version causing this? Thanks in advance!

24 minutes ago, cbee69 said:

retroarch 1.6.4. Please anyone, I need help! The overlay doesn't seem to apply at all. I open up retroatch --> second settings ---> onscreen display - onscreen overlay - overlay preset - 'and choose my file' Resume game and nothing applies. What am i doing wrong and what other settings do I need to apply? is it the Retroarch version causing this? Thanks in advance!

Also to add to that you need to apply it with the ds core loaded for it to associate with that core, then just save a core override in the quick menu.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Have you actually turned the overlay on? It's a option in the same menu, it should look like this.

RetroArch Screenshot 2017.08.30 - 12.19.15.94.png

Hey Thanks for the reply, yes overlaying is on. In regards to your screenshot, your settings 'overlay presets' has nds.cfg but with mine, when i browse to a file the field remains blank and doesn't load anything.

3 minutes ago, cbee69 said:

Hey Thanks for the reply, yes overlaying is on. In regards to your screenshot, your settings 'overlay presets' has nds.cfg but with mine, when i browse to a file the field remains blank and doesn't load anything.

Hmm, Are you looking in the correct location? Did you unzip the overlay? There should be two files when you unzip it, a .png and a .cfg. You just point retroarch at the .cfg and that tells retroarch which image to display.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Hmm, Are you looking in the correct location? Did you unzip the overlay? There should be two files when you unzip it, a .png and a .cfg. You just point retroarch at the .cfg and that tells retroarch which image to display.

I've unzipped it which contains 2 files (.cfg and .png). This is zipped and located in the overlays folder of Retroarch main folder. In retroarch I pretty much browse to that location and only .cfg (OVERLAY) file will appear so i tell it to choose that one but nothing happens. The 'overlay presets' remains blank and loads nothing

1 minute ago, cbee69 said:

I've unzipped it which contains 2 files (.cfg and .png). This is zipped and located in the overlays folder of Retroarch main folder. In retroarch I pretty much browse to that location and only .cfg (OVERLAY) file will appear so i tell it to choose that one but nothing happens. The 'overlay presets' remains blank and loads nothing

Yeah like i said it shouldn't be zipped, the two loose files go in the overlays folder, (or anywhere really).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah like i said it shouldn't be zipped, the two loose files go in the overlays folder, (or anywhere really).

Hey thanks for replying back to me. Sorry my error in the previous comment, I meant I have 'unzipped' the file already which contains 2 files, these are currently inside the overlay folder of retroarch. This is already done and i have pointed/browse retroarch to this file from the 'overlay presets' settings. I just find it weird how nothing happens when I choose the .cfg file for the overlay. Even the 'overlay presets' field remains empty and shows nothing has been loaded.

I think I would been good if the screen gap was over 100... 
I tried to change height but border always exceeds.

Like this on 1080p

[Update]

finally, this weird thing is caused when we change the internal resolution higher than that of the original resolution.

5.PNG

Edited by Cloud07