LaunchBox Community Forums

Alyssa - A Modern Theme 2.01

(3 reviews)

17 Screenshots

About This File

This is a modern looking theme. It has 2 platform views and 4 game views. One of the game views is very simalair to the Xbox One Interface.

There's lots of art included in this theme. I've also created and included some custom playlist banners.

If anyone wants to create and share any custom art for this theme that would be awesome.

I intend to add more views. Feel free to offer suggestions.

To install -- just extract the Alyssa folder into your Launchbox/themes folder.

What's New in Version 2.01   See changelog

Released

Two new Platform views.

One new game view.

One updated game view.

More artwork.

Multiple alignment fixes.

Timing issues fixed.

Font issue fixed.

No longer need to install fonts.

This version requires Bigbox 9.6.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 2
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Great theme ... but if you could activate the game's menu and the possibility of being able to put the larger banners that 480x480 would be great.

On 4/28/2019 at 1:55 PM, ALIE said:

Will this be aded to the theme downloader ?

Good question. It should be able to now that it doesn't require any font installation.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:24 AM, camboico said:

Great theme ... but if you could activate the game's menu and the possibility of being able to put the larger banners that 480x480 would be great.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by activating the games menu. I think you might be referring to game details, which is an option that can be enabled/disabled in your Bigbox settings.

Would it be possible to have a light highlight on selected games, it would really make it easier to see what is selected "at a glance"? Love the theme, this is my new primary :D

EDIT: Had another thought. It would be helpful to have a button guide when viewing a games details. For example "X / Play" "O / Back". It leaves a user somewhat disoriented when they select something and no menu/guide shows on the next screen. Just a thought from a "how would my grandma use this" point of view :)

Edited by elwooha6

Just a heads up i downloaded the latest version with the Theme downloader and the theme stopped working it only had the default Theme views i  also tired the repair option but it didn't work.  got it from here on the forum and it works again.

I need help with this theme... Can someone please help me with how to set up the wall view for all the games as shown in the last three pictures for this theme? Ive switched between all the optional views on bigbox but I'm still unable to view my games as shown in the last three images. Please help.

Thanks.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:51 AM, MetalRaven said:

I need help with this theme... Can someone please help me with how to set up the wall view for all the games as shown in the last three pictures for this theme? Ive switched between all the optional views on bigbox but I'm still unable to view my games as shown in the last three images. Please help.

Thanks.

@MetalRaven If you downloaded this theme from the themes downloader in Bigbox there appears to be an issue. The theme is inside a folder it shouldn't be in. The directory structure currently looks like this -- Themes/Alyssa/Alyssa. If you remove the first folder that says Alyssa, it will work. So then it will appear like -- Themes/Alyssa.

Otherwise you can delete it and download it from the forums here.

On 6/19/2019 at 2:43 PM, bbweiners said:

@MetalRaven If you downloaded this theme from the themes downloader in Bigbox there appears to be an issue. The theme is inside a folder it shouldn't be in. The directory structure currently looks like this -- Themes/Alyssa/Alyssa. If you remove the first folder that says Alyssa, it will work. So then it will appear like -- Themes/Alyssa.

Otherwise you can delete it and download it from the forums here.

@bbweiners

I have no issues with unpacking and installing the theme in BigBox. The problem that I'm having is how it displays on screen once is loaded. If you check the images showcasing this theme above, you'll see that the last three pictures on the right display a "WALL VIEW" where all the games are side by side, this is the view I can't see even after changing the view setting in bigbox. I need help with this.

Is there a file ver. that offers this feature? I downloaded all of them and played with different settings on all of them, but none of them toggle this wall view that I want as shown in the images above for this theme. Hope it helps to visualize the issue I'm currently facing.

thanks.

@MetalRaven

What do you mean by "view setting" in Bigbox? Are you actually changing the view while the theme is loaded?

There is a default key (you'll have to look because I don't remember what it is, in keyboard bindings) that you press while in a theme to change to all the different views. I'm guessing you're not doing this.

Edited by bbweiners

34 minutes ago, MetalRaven said:

@bbweiners

I have no issues with unpacking and installing the theme in BigBox. The problem that I'm having is how it displays on screen once is loaded. If you check the images showcasing this theme above, you'll see that the last three pictures on the right display a "WALL VIEW" where all the games are side by side, this is the view I can't see even after changing the view setting in bigbox. I need help with this.

Is there a file ver. that offers this feature? I downloaded all of them and played with different settings on all of them, but none of them toggle this wall view that I want as shown in the images above for this theme. Hope it helps to visualize the issue I'm currently facing.

thanks.

I just downloaded this theme to test, and i am able to switch to the view you want just fine using the "switch view" key on my keyboard.

1656423384_Screenshot(202).thumb.png.dd37ae585fbb6b178a2aae363642699e.png

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

I just downloaded this theme to test, and i am able to switch to the view you want just fine using the "switch view" key on my keyboard.

1656423384_Screenshot(202).thumb.png.dd37ae585fbb6b178a2aae363642699e.png

So first of all, I've set a key to toggle between different views in bigbox (options>keyboard mappings>switch view) but the view shown in the image you provide on your reply doesn't come up. This is where I'm stuck!

Also, I have set the setting to wall view (options>views>games list view: wall view) and still doesn't show up as shown on the image you provided with.

I honestly don't know what I could be doing wrong, but clearly this is simple enough to where it should just display without any issues, but that isn't the case.

I've restarted and re-install the themes multiple times and still no result. I'm using the latest launchbox ver. and I'm on windows 10. My hardware is a bit outdated, but its still good enough to run modern games, and so I don't think my hardware could be the problem here.

Edited by MetalRaven

On 5/28/2019 at 9:18 AM, elwooha6 said:

Would it be possible to have a light highlight on selected games, it would really make it easier to see what is selected "at a glance"? Love the theme, this is my new primary :D

EDIT: Had another thought. It would be helpful to have a button guide when viewing a games details. For example "X / Play" "O / Back". It leaves a user somewhat disoriented when they select something and no menu/guide shows on the next screen. Just a thought from a "how would my grandma use this" point of view :)

Both good ideas @elwooha6 I'll look into both, but it will be a while before I get back around to it.

7 hours ago, bbweiners said:

@MetalRaven

This is very bizarre. Are you able to switch platform or game views at all?

Also, the wallgamesview is only in versions 2 & 2.01. 

yeah, I switch just fine between different views; no other issues other than this one.

Thank you for checking with me and trying to help me with this issue. I'll keep playing around my views and see if I find what is really going on in my system. I'll inform you if anything changes on my end, if you don't mind. Is good just to talk to someone about issues in bigbox.

Thanks again.

@bbweiners

How do we change the aspect ratio to fit ultrawide monitors? 

Edit: I messed around a bit with the xaml file and the theme responds really well to being set to ultrawide, but it'd require some changes..primarily, the grid for the game box and the 4 squares requires adjustments, the search below the horizontal wheel disappears and the big image on the right would benefit from using more space, because right now it's kind of cut off because it stretches.

Edited by xevidroid

53 minutes ago, xevidroid said:

@bbweiners

How do we change the aspect ratio to fit ultrawide monitors? 

Edit: I messed around a bit with the xaml file and the theme responds really well to being set to ultrawide, but it'd require some changes..primarily, the grid for the game box and the 4 squares requires adjustments, the search below the horizontal wheel disappears and the big image on the right would benefit from using more space, because right now it's kind of cut off because it stretches.

Yeah well its not designed for ultra wides. So unless the creator wants to go to the effort of coding for a ratio he likely doesnt have to test with, you may need to do those yourself.