LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Controls (Beta) 1.0.0b

(1 review)

4 Screenshots

About This File

A no frills Pause Theme that shows either a Game Specific controller mapping or, in absence of a game map, shows a Platform Specific controller mapping.

Some controller images supplied. This is not a complete collection you will have to source/make your images. The theme is mainly designed for those that will create their own mapping images or those that have them already and want a way to show them without having to override the current LaunchBox image files. 

NOTE: All images must be placed in a specific folder structure and follow the standard LaunchBox naming convention to work with this theme. (SEE BELOW)

The theme looks for a .jpg. If you are using .png there is a ReadMe on how to edit the theme or you can change your image file extension.

How to set-up:

All images must be placed in the following folder and structure. (I have also included a sample folder structure and ReadMe in the zip just copy the "Images" folder into \Launchbox folder.)
1) Place a folder called "Game Controls" in the \Launchbox\Images folder (It would be \Launchbox\Images\Game Controls\)

2) All platform specific control images must be named as the platform in your set-up is named and placed in the \Launchbox\Images\Game Controls folder
  (Example Sony PlayStation platform: \Launchbox\Images\Game Controls\Sony PlayStation.jpg) Note: The name must match how you have the platform named in Launchbox.

3) All game specific control images must be named exactly as the game is named in your set-up or as the rom is name.
   The image must then be placed inside a folder that is named exactly as the platfrom is named and the folder must be placed in the Game Controls location.
   Game Specific Controls folder example: (Example Sony PlayStation platform: \Launchbox\Images\Game Controls\Sony PlayStation\ ).
   The control image for the game specific is placed in the above folder folder:(Example Alien Trilogy for Sony Playstation: \Launchbox\Images\Game Controls\Sony PlayStation\Alien Trilogy.jpg)

I have included @OhBoy controller images with his approval. You can download what he has created here. He also has a Pause and Startup theme.

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 7.28.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 7.29.04 PM.png

• Like 9

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

ItchyRobot

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is a great pause theme. Exactly what i wanted ... to be able to create and show my own controller layouts ... per Platform and/or per Game. Pure awesomeness my friend!

Link to review