LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Startup and Shutdown Theme 1.1.0

(0 reviews)

8 Screenshots

About This File

This is a Startup/Shutdown theme for use with CriticalCid's Unified theme.
The theme will pull its Platform background and clear logo images from CriticalCid's Unified theme folder, so it will not work properly without the theme being installed.
The theme was designed for 16:9 screens and display resolutions only.

Installation:

1. Extract the archive and drag the 'Unified' folder inside to the "..\Launchbox\StartupThemes\" folder.
  2. Install the font supplied in Font folder.
  3. Launch BigBox and go into -> Options -> Game Startup -> Startup Theme and change the Theme to "Unified".

IMPORTANT: Never rename the theme folder! The theme folder has to be named exactly "Unified" or the theme won't work properly!

NOTE: If the background is showing Box art go into options and change Background priorities to Fanart - Background only.

I have also made a Pause Theme to go with the Unifed theme to complete the setup.

What's New in Version 1.1.0   See changelog

Released

Fixed screen scaling.
Fixed text scaling.

• Like 5
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Looks great in the screenshots above,!

I installed it and all the text is mushed together, anyway to fix that?

**Never mind! Windows is default monitor scale to 300X because it's on a 47".  I can't down scale it thought or else I can't use anything else :(

Edited by zartan13

Late to the game, but wanted to thank you for fixing the scaling and other issues. I didn't even check back to see if that was fixed, and it was! My setup is now complete.

They will only show if you have the CriticalCid's Unified theme installed, as thats where it looks for the logos and backgrounds.

7 hours ago, keysta75 said:

How do I get those background pictures to show? Like how you have the Dreamcast logo and gray background etc.

Literally the second line in the description. 

image.thumb.png.144aa67a610eb9ed8310fdc2ad985bca.png

13 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Literally the second line in the description. 

image.thumb.png.144aa67a610eb9ed8310fdc2ad985bca.png

I figured it out. I needed the unified theme in the themes folder. I only downloaded the startup theme. That's why I was missing some art work. 

Please remove the "bigbox" logo from startup and shutdown screens in next update. It would be nicer to have less frontend "commercial" and more RETRO feel! I love BB but it should operate "in the background". 

On 2/13/2021 at 12:46 PM, RetroNi said:

They will only show if you have the CriticalCid's Unified theme installed, as thats where it looks for the logos and backgrounds.

I like this startup theme the most :) Is there any chance there will be a standalone version without the need to have CriticalCid's Unified theme installed for the logos and backgrounds?