LaunchBox Community Forums

Pulse Community Theme Creator Files 2.2.2

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Pulse files for Community Theme Creator for BigBox. Make changes to the theme with Community Theme Creator for BigBox

What's New in Version 2.2.2   See changelog

Released

Fixed search result view's platform title not showing.
Fixed 4:3 aspect vertical wheels too few items
Fixed Wall View 3 game info cut off
Horizontal Wheel 1 Games View game title font size increased
Added platform logo to Vertical Wheel Games View 4 and Horizontal Wheel 3 Games View

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm playing with Pulse in the CTC beta version and there are a handful of elements that are broken. Some still show the name in the editor box but some are just listed as broken. For instance - I can see that for a game screen that Favorite and Completed are items but I can't figure out what the third item is because it just shows the word broken. I just realized that Broken is an actual element - there are still things that don't work with the new CTC version though. I'm also utilizing stacks and docks to help align and contain elements. I love your theme and I am very grateful that you shared your source files. It's a compliment that I'm modifying your theme, not a complaint (I love it that much). :)

Edited by Knowcontrol

8 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

What version of the Community Theme Creator are you using?

Beta 1.0.9.8 - latest as of 25July.

Hello friend I want to thank you for such a great theme I really liked it! it is very elegant and I see it as a supreme choice for a living room TV. Also thank you for sharing your source files for the community theme creator and make some modifications if necessary so that everyone can adapt it as they want. Not that I need changes, maybe the size of the fonts, or that in the PlatformWheelToFiltersView not appear the device and only enter the video I guess it's a matter of taste ..xD

But I have some questions if you don't mind, the first one is more a bug than a question and I would like to know how to solve it, you will see. In the TextFiltersView when I select the first Arcade or Console from the list, leave it selected and exit the Big Box when I re-enter the frames overlap (I mean the video frame and the Clear Art Logo). It only happens when I select the first item of the wheel. Always.

And the second one is related to Community Theme Creator.I am using 2.2 precisely to change the size of some fonts in the wheel so that I get the whole name, but when I exit some views stop working (even happens when I do not modify anything and do an export). Should I use another version and if so which one do you recommend and where do I download it?

Without anything else to add I thank you for sharing this Theme with us, greetings and I hope to read you soon.

Regards

Edit: I see you have used  Community Theme Creator for BigBox 1.0.8.99 and i am using the v2.2 could that be the problem?. Thing is this version is imposible to find on the forums anymore.

Edited by retro6

In the TextFiltersView when I select the first Arcade or Console from the list, leave it selected and exit the Big Box when I re-enter the frames overlap (I mean the video frame and the Clear Art Logo). It only happens when I select the first item of the wheel. Always.

I think this is related to how the animations are set. Might need immediate animation setting for the elements that have overlapping. I think I had this fixed in the latest release, but might have forgot to do this. Some of these animation settings are quite hard to get working in every possible situations.

And the second one is related to Community Theme Creator.I am using 2.2 precisely to change the size of some fonts in the wheel so that I get the whole name, but when I exit some views stop working (even happens when I do not modify anything and do an export). Should I use another version and if so which one do you recommend and where do I download it?

The wall views will stop working because you can't do those in CTC. I have done the wallview visual styles and structure in CTC and the added the wheels codes with text editor. Then I have removed the useless views from the theme folder. It's a messy process and unfortunately there is no easier way at the moment to make wallviews. Hoping that someday there would be an official theme tool that would have the needed support and features to make themes for BigBox. Now theme development is relying too much in theme makers and y2guru and because of this there are too many non working/buggy themes out there.

Edit: I see you have used  Community Theme Creator for BigBox 1.0.8.99 and i am using the v2.2 could that be the problem?. Thing is this version is imposible to find on the forums anymore.

The latest version is made with 2.2 so there should be no problems there.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much @Juketsu for sharing these CTC files!

I was able to create my own little mutation of Pulse with it:

Left side platform wheel, multiple genres displayed, blue line over the scrolling text, larger box art and platform logos, icon position changed and so on.

It's my little mutant baby and I love it! Together with your Slipstream Pause Theme, my Big Box looks better than ever.

Again, thanks for creating and sharing these CTC files ❤️

1.png

2.png

2.thumb.png.da0c9b2b2fbc20754a03f5f255aaacee.png

Edited by Khaar
  • Haha 1

Hey just wan't to start by saying I love this theme, runs smooth and was able to make small tweaks with ease. Just have one issue not sure if I've done something wrong when I download the creator version but the WallGamesView all look like this. Hoping its an easy fix.

1.jpg

Reporting the same issue as Stelder: All the WallGamesViews definitely appear as a broken wheel view for whatever reason.