LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Auto Play

Big Box Auto Play

View File

https://bigboxautoplay.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

BigBoxAutoPlay
BigBoxAutoPlay is a plug-in for BigBox that can automatically launch into a game when BigBox starts up 

Installation

1. Download the latest version of the plugin
  2. Copy BigBoxAutoPlay.dll and Prism.dll into the LaunchBox\Plugins folder

Settings
A new menu item is added to LaunchBox under Tools > Configure BigBox AutoPlay.

Enable
Check the box to automatically play a game when BigBox starts. Uncheck the box to disable the auto-play plugin.

Select game
Check the box to have launch box select the game in the UI before launching it.  This should allow the marquee to display properly for the selected game.

Only favorites
Check the box to filter the randomly selected game to only include favorites

Hidden games
Check the box to include hidden games

Broken games
Check the box to include broken games

Platform
Optional. To filter the randomly selected game to only games in the selected platform.

Playlist
Optional. To filter the randomly selected game to only games in the selected playlist.

Game
Optional. To specify a specific game to auto-play. This list is filtered based on the selected platform and/or playlist.

Delay
Specify the number of seconds to delay before launching the game. When a startup video is used with BigBox, this delay can help the auto played game from launching behind BigBox by giving BigBox a chance to fully initialize before launching the game.

Link to GitHub repo

https://github.com/AtomFry/BigBoxAutoPlay

Edited by Fry
Updated 1.0.4
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 9:59 AM, Gildahl said:

Seems like this could be a good bootstrapper for this, which would extend capability by enabling switching to a new random game every x minutes.

I love it. I was just thinking about doing something like this the other day. I’m going to check it out!  Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

On 3/30/2023 at 2:10 AM, Codiox said:

I run a theme with videos, and when its autostarts a game the video is still running in the background.

Is this a bug? Or do you have any idea?

Weird, which theme are you running?  Have you tried tweaking the delay setting?  I wonder if you increase it a bit if it will give big box a chance to load the game and video before the game launches. When the game launches the system should take care of pausing the video. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Fry... I love your plug-in!  It's really a great solution for me.  Was wondering if there was a way to increase the delay slider to say... 1 or 2 minutes instead of just 30 seconds?  I have big box set to launch at startup, and sometimes there are too many things going on in the background and I need some extra time for Windows and Steam to settle down before I launch a game in Big Box, otherwise conflicts arise.  I see the two plugin files are .dll, but not sure if there is anything in there that I can edit.  I don't want to tinker and break something, but then again, I've never attempted to open a .dll file, so I wouldn't even know where to start.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 4:15 AM, paddyG said:

Hi Fry... I love your plug-in!  It's really a great solution for me.  Was wondering if there was a way to increase the delay slider to say... 1 or 2 minutes instead of just 30 seconds?  I have big box set to launch at startup, and sometimes there are too many things going on in the background and I need some extra time for Windows and Steam to settle down before I launch a game in Big Box, otherwise conflicts arise.  I see the two plugin files are .dll, but not sure if there is anything in there that I can edit.  I don't want to tinker and break something, but then again, I've never attempted to open a .dll file, so I wouldn't even know where to start.

Thanks!!

Yeah man. There’s a settings.json file in the plugin folder. If you open that in notepad you will see a setting called DelayInSeconds. Enter the number of seconds you want to delay there. For some reason I thought 30 seconds was a good max value so you can’t go beyond 30 sec with the setup screen but if you edit the settings file directly you should be good to go. I can put out a new version that unlocks that setting and lets you enter any value instead of being stuck between 0 and 30. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 3:46 AM, Fry said:

Weird, which theme are you running?  Have you tried tweaking the delay setting?  I wonder if you increase it a bit if it will give big box a chance to load the game and video before the game launches. When the game launches the system should take care of pausing the video. 

sorry to answer so late!

i made my own custom theme and the problem is the too short delay. My theme is activating a video after 5 seconds. and if the game launches before that the video is still coming. I need to check if i can fix this behavior in my theme.

but with a big enough delay it works perfect! thank you very much!

• Like 1