LaunchBox Community Forums

Default Plus 1.62

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

The newest version of this theme requires version 13.3, or higher.

An alternative to the LaunchBox Default theme. This theme's main difference is the Game Details. Providing an alternative layout, with an image border at the top, and smooth animations upon load.

5.thumb.jpg.e8e7ee8ec72ca763b04f9ef9fb3cf452.jpg

The theme also has icon support on the side bar. Around 90 controller images have been added to the theme to showcase how it works, but the images can be changed out to anything you'd like (icons must be in png format).

The icons can be replaced in the following location (restart of LaunchBox is required).

• LAUNCHBOX\LBThemes\Default Plus\Images\Icons

Installation

• Extract the Default Plus folder into LaunchBox\LBThemes
  • In LaunchBox, open Options, under Visuals > Main Window Theme and select Default Plus from the dropdown.

What's New in Version 1.62   See changelog

Released

• The advanced search hint popup has been added
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 6
  • Game On 2
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

14 minutes ago, impydave said:

Hi,

This has always been, and most likely always will be my LB theme, but one little thing would be great to change...

The large Platform header you can see in the screenshot...is there anyway to make that smaller, or even remove it?

Thanks for a great theme!

Dave

Screenshot 2023-01-24 141827.png

There are ways to remove the text or reduce the text size within the xaml files. Are you looking for it to be removed in just the list view?

1 hour ago, faeran said:

There are ways to remove the text or reduce the text size within the xaml files. Are you looking for it to be removed in just the list view?

Ideally I'd like to remove it as I think the side list is perfect with icons so I know what system I'm on. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, impydave said:

Ideally I'd like to remove it as I think the side list is perfect with icons so I know what system I'm on. 

Thanks

Remove it on just the list view, or both the list view and the image view?

38 minutes ago, impydave said:

Just in the view in the screenshot the very large font one please. 

Dave

ListContentView.xaml

Copy this into the folder:

LAUNCHBOX\LBThemes\Default Plus\Views

Just remember that any time this theme is updated it will overwrite these changes, so maybe keep a copy of this xaml just in case.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, faeran said:

ListContentView.xaml 53.39 kB · 0 downloads

Copy this into the folder:

LAUNCHBOX\LBThemes\Default Plus\Views

Just remember that any time this theme is updated it will overwrite these changes, so maybe keep a copy of this xaml just in case.

You Sir, are an absolute legend! Thank you very much for that, I have safely backed up the file ready for future updates.

Thanks again for this! Truly appreciated.

Dave

@faeran another great update on this theme! By any chance, can you provide the code that is needed to add the new 'sync status' icon, so that I can add it in to my LB theme?

15 hours ago, bundangdon said:

@faeran another great update on this theme! By any chance, can you provide the code that is needed to add the new 'sync status' icon, so that I can add it in to my LB theme?

Yes. I will eventually make a separate post about it with instructions. Most likely in the Custom Theme Tutorial section of the forums, before the official release.

If I forget, remind me again 😉

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2023 at 8:22 AM, curator said:

Box art is cropped for me ?

I haven't checked this theme in a while, but this theme is essentially just the default theme with a different game details page. You have an image of what you are seeing?

How do I stop the cover art coming up as the first image in the over view? it looks incredibly ugly having A 3D Box or a front box there, the next image next to it is always a screenshot, which takes up the room much nicer and looks so much better? thank you.

13 hours ago, Vitality said:

How do I stop the cover art coming up as the first image in the over view? it looks incredibly ugly having A 3D Box or a front box there, the next image next to it is always a screenshot, which takes up the room much nicer and looks so much better? thank you.

This seems more like a generic LaunchBox question, but you'll need to stop showing 3D Models in the game details pane. Go into Tools > Options > Visuals > Game Details, and uncheck Show 3D Model.