LaunchBox Community Forums

Default Plus

Default Plus

View File

The newest version of this theme requires version 13.3, or higher.

An alternative to the LaunchBox Default theme. This theme's main difference is the Game Details. Providing an alternative layout, with an image border at the top, and smooth animations upon load.

5.thumb.jpg.e8e7ee8ec72ca763b04f9ef9fb3cf452.jpg

The theme also has icon support on the side bar. Around 90 controller images have been added to the theme to showcase how it works, but the images can be changed out to anything you'd like (icons must be in png format).

The icons can be replaced in the following location (restart of LaunchBox is required).

• LAUNCHBOX\LBThemes\Default Plus\Images\Icons

Installation

• Extract the Default Plus folder into LaunchBox\LBThemes
  • In LaunchBox, open Options, under Visuals > Main Window Theme and select Default Plus from the dropdown.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @faeran,

Sorry for late reply; a lot of studying lately.  If you look in the game details section of my screenshot below.  It shows my banner for Doom, but I already have the name in the banner image.  So I don't want it appearing again with the title, which appears in the game details sections too.

I found a workaround offered by @Zakiu 

Screenshot_6-min.png

Edited by emul8

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Thanks for the help.  I took a look at it, but kept getting errors.  I think I would be better suited to more configuration options in the interface, as the theme coding is a bit beyond me.

Taking a quick look you will want to find this section of the code.

1. Delete all the lines from 467 through 473. That will remove the icons.

If you want to shift the text left some:

1. Play with the margin of the TreeView (line 456). Adjust the Margin="20,20,20,20". Changing the 1st value smaller will adjust the margin left. (Left, Top, Right, Bottom) is how the order reads.

2. Then play with the "ColumnDefinition Width" in line 463. Reduce the number until you get where you want. 

Making those few tweaks got this look. If something like this is what you are after these steps should help.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.24.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.33.00 PM.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Drybonz said:

I'm not able to get the "text on all games" to work for the default plus theme, even after I repair it.  Just wondering if this is hard-coded into the theme not to be a working option, or a general bug?  Thanks for the help.

This theme is essentially identical to the Default theme, in this regard, and does work.

The setting you are referring to will place text overtop the box on all boxes, like this:

image.thumb.png.8573038beba4ec3bfdf57cc89222a1d8.png

23 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Thanks... I was trying to get the text under the thumbnails.  I didn't realize it had to be coded in the theme for that to work.  Sorry for the confusion.

Yup, that's just theme specific. You could always just grab the BoxesContentView.xaml file from the theme you like, and replace the one within Default Plus.

56 minutes ago, faeran said:

Yup, that's just theme specific. You could always just grab the BoxesContentView.xaml file from the theme you like, and replace the one within Default Plus.

Thanks... I did that actually.  There were a few conflicts, but I think I got them worked out.  At least I'm learning a few small things about how these work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to figure this out in Default and was hoping Default Plus made this easier but I haven't had much success... How do I set a fixed minimum height for each game in the view? Everything is variable depending on the height of the logo and that makes it very hard to select a title with the mouse. Ideally, I'd like for each game title to line up in each row like how Lambda does it... 

image.thumb.png.065c9eeb1b20fa5ec4af4b4f00f426f4.png

Lambda beta 1.1
image.thumb.png.f4059b9ea1365d4addb5d8138de21031.png

Is this something that requires a custom theme or am I overlooking something in the options?

How you click on the item and where you have to click are all in how the theme is setup and requires altering the theme files to change. Beats grid does the automatic row sizing still but does allow you to click anywhere in the box the logo sits in. Another alternative option is for you to just make a theme mashup using the two themes you like. Copy Default Plus folder to a new one, then copy the BoxesContentView.xaml file from Lambda's folder to the new one you just created.

For people that might be interested: Lambda uses a slightly modified version of the old box grid from the old default theme where it sets a set height for everything, and you are beholden to that size. Default Plus is simply just Default with some minor changes, so it works just like current Default which dynamically reduces white space on a per-row basis. Beats uses a hybrid that takes on the dynamic reduction of white space, but vertically centers the images, and aligns the rest of the elements (like text) evenly on a per-row basis. All of this is theme specific and requires changes to the code.