LaunchBox Community Forums

The Nintendo GameCube Widescreen Project | Pre Configured Anamorphic 16:9 for Dolphin Emulator | Part 1 - Native 16:9 Games 1.0.0

(1 review)

About This File

This project aims to present GC games in 16:9 to everyone, as easily as possible. Just drop Pre Configured files into Dolphin and enjoy. No need to setup yourself.

Part 1 is focusing on the native widescreen games. All of these have an option in game to allow for proper anamorphic 16:9.
Part 2 will be on the widescreen hacks/codes/patches. I have separated the two to make it a bit easier for myself. Also not everyone may be into hacking 16:9 presentation.

So far I count 80 games that have a widescreen option, and 1 bonus game.

Nascar 2005: Chase for the Cup, had a native widescreen option developed for it but went unused at release. An AR code is being used to reinstate it.
There are 3 outliers, Beyond Good & Evil, TMNT and TMNT: Mutant Melee. These have a 16:9 letterboxed presentation for 4:3 displays. Mutant Melee is pillarboxed and is working in widescreen but comes up short of true 16:9 due to the pillarboxed presentation. 

I have pre configured every native widescreen game for the Dolphin Emulator and made it idiot proof by disabling the widescreen hack for EVERY...SINGLE....GAME.
So even if you have the widescreen hack on it wont mess with these games.

These per game .ini files will either force 16:9 or stretch to the window, depending on what you choose. There is a slight difference between the two. A lot of these games come up just shy of filling the screen, but do not stretch or distort the image if using Force to 16:9. When using Stretch to Fit Window it does just that but does slightly stretch/distort the image, I don't mind a little stretching so I can fill the screen personally.

However, I HAVE PROVIDED .INI FILES FOR BOTH so you can have the choice.

Also, some of the native widescreen options were broken due to the devs not implementing it that well e.g. Lego SW 2 has camera zoom issues. However some clever people have fixed these with AR or Gecko codes, making them way better. There are also some other enhancements, 60FPS and 60Hz Modes for the PAL games that don't have an option for it. I HAVE APPLIED THESE TO ALL GAMES THAT HAVE THEM.

EVERY VERSION/REGION/GAME ID HAS BEEN PRE CONFIGURED. NO MATTER WHICH VERSION YOU HAVE THESE WILL WORK. SOME ENHANCEMENTS ARE REGION SPECIFIC. THIS IS 'NON ENGLIGH VERSION' FRIENDLY. THESE PER GAME .INI FILES HAVE ONLY WIDESCREEN OPTIONS AND ENHANCEMENTS APPLIED. THESE WILL OVERRIDE ANY OF YOUR CURRENT PER GAME SETTINGS.

IINSTRUCTIONS

• I advise using another instance of Dolphin specifically for widescreen.
  • Choose your flavour and download - Forced 16:9 or Stretched to Fit Window
  • Place the .ini files in the GameSettings folder of Dolphin.
  • This will be in your roaming app data on your C drive if you are not using Dolphin in portable mode.
  • YOU MUST CHANGE THE IN GAME SETTINGS TO WIDESCREEN/16:9. ALL GAMES WILL APPEAR STRETCHED UNTIL DONE SO.
  • Enjoy!!!

HERE IS A LIST OF EVERY NATIVE WIDESCREEN GAME AND WHAT HAS BEEN APPLIED PER GAME. IF YOU KNOW OF ANYMORE NATIVE 16:9 GAMES LET ME KNOW BUT I THINK I GOT EM ALL

Batman Begins Using 60 FPS Enhancement Gecko Code for NTSC-U.
Battalion Wars  
Beyond Good & Evil Natively runs in letterboxed 16:9.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds  
Burnout Using pneumatics 10% pixel aspect correction code (NTSC-U Only)
Burnout 2: Point of Impact Using pneumatics 10% pixel aspect correction code (NTSC-U Only)
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One  
Dead to Rights 60Hz Gecko code applied to all the PAL versions as 60Hz isn't selectable.
Die Hard: Vendetta  
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure  
Dragon's Lair 3D: Return to the Lair  
Drome Racers  
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem  
F-Zero GX  
F1 2002  
F1 Career Challenge PAL Only Game. 60Hz isn't selectable and no code for it yet.
Fifa Soccer 2006  
Fifa Soccer 2007  
Fifa Soccer/Football 2003  
FIFA Street  
FIFA Street 2  
Fifa World Cup: Germany 2006  
Freedom Fighters 60Hz Gecko Code applied to all PAL versions due to 60Hz being unelectable.
Future Tactics: The Uprising  
Geist 50Hz AR Code applied to PAL version for better frame rate. NTSC-U Version runs at 60fps natively.
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent  
Gun  
I-Ninja  
Ice Age 2 - The Meltdown  
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing  
James Bond 007: Nightfire  
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death  
Knights of the Temple: Infernal Crusade PAL Only Game. 60Hz Gecko Code applied due to 60Hz being unelectable.
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy Using Widescreen Zoom Fix due to native 16:9 having zoom issues. NTSC-U version only.
Madden NFL 07  
Madden NFL 08  
Madden NFL 2002  
Madden NFL 2004  
Madden NFL 2005  
NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup Widescreen was originally coded into the game but unused at release. AR codes used to "unlock" it.
NASCAR Thunder 2003  
NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona  
NCAA Football 2003  
NCAA Football 2005  
Need for Speed: Carbon  
Need for Speed: Most Wanted  
Need for Speed: Underground 2  
NFL 2K3  
NFL Street  
Pac-Man World Rally  
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie  
R: Racing Evolution  
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc Using Gecko Code Aspect Ratio Fix for 16:9. NTSC-U and PAL versions. 60Hz Gecko code applied to the PAL version as 60Hz isn't selectable.
Serious Sam: Next Encounter 60Hz Gecko code applied to the PAL version as 60Hz isn't selectable.
SoulCalibur II  
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy  
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly Using Widescreen Ratio Fix Gecko Code due to native 16:9 being squished horizontally. NTSC-U only.
SSX 3  
SSX Tricky  
Star Fox Adventures Using Aspect Ratio Fix Gecko Code due to native 16:9 being incorrect. For both NTSC-U and PAL.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars  
Super Mario Strikers  
Super Monkey Ball 2  
Super Monkey Ball Adventure  
Superman: Shadow of Apokolips Using 60 FPS Enhancement AR Code NTSC-U Only. Normal is 30 FPS.
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction  
The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning Using 60 FPS Enhancement Gecko Code for NTSC-U and PAL versions. Normal is 30 FPS.
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect  
TMNT Natively runs in letterboxed 16:9.
TMNT: Mutant Melee  
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory  
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4  
Tony Hawk's Underground  
Tony Hawk's Underground 2  
True Crime: New York City  
True Crime: Streets of LA  
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger Using 60 FPS Enhancement Gecko Code for NTSC-U.
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue Using 60 FPS Enhancement Gecko Code for NTSC-U.
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan Using 60 FPS Enhancement Gecko Code.
V-Rally 3 PAL Only Game. Hold B at start up for 60Hz
Wallace & Gromit in Project Zoo  

Edited by Warped Polygon
add video

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Unusual Gem 3

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Dan Patrick

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

The amount of work it would take to research and test all of these is crazy. Very thorough and professional. A great recourse that will be useful for years to come!

Link to review