LaunchBox Community Forums

1 Screenshot

About This File

I've been fiddling around with trying to make BigBox run a game and then switch it with another if no play is detected...

I tried looking at Arcade EIP, however... it seemed too complicated to configure for me at 4 a.m. last night, so I got ChatGPT out, and tried to come up with a AHK script that does the following:

• Launches a game from a BigBox playlist
  • Waits 3 minutes in-game, to show it's attract mode
  • Brings RetroArch to the foreground
  • Closes RetroArch
  • Beeps Once
  • Brings BigBox to foreground
  • Holds "Down Arrow Key" to scroll trough games
  • LOOPS the script again (game changes every 3 minutes)

Script can be closed at any time by pressing the "START" button for me that's Joy8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How I activate the script personally is,

• Created a New Playlist with games I'd like to scroll trough (named it Attract mode)
  • Edited the metadata of a game (I chose 1941 because it's top of list)
  • Under Additional Apps I've added the AHK script
  • Set it to Automatically Run Before Main Application
  • Everytime I run 1941 it starts the script and scrolls trough random games until you press "START"

smFay8e.png

I have been testing it for a full day, it never once failed if you have it set up like me.

IMPORTANT!
It will not work "out of the box" without modifications if you're running anything else than RetroArch as an emulator, and a BigBox Theme that has vertical scrolling, also BigBox must have its default keyboard binds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.