This is a BigBox plugin that allows you to launch a game/application directly from the Platform Wheel View level.
- Right click on the downloaded LaunchPlatform.zip and click "Unblock" and then OK
- Open the zip file and copy the folder "LaunchPlatform into your ../LaunchBox/Plugins/ folder
- Open LaunchBox and create a new Platform. (i.e. Music Box Alpha)
- In the lower right hand corner click "Add"
- Fill in (at minimum)
Platform: (select the Platform you just created)
(click on "Launching") Application Path:
- Click OK
- Now click "Tools" and [at the bottom] click "Launch Platform Setup"
- Oh... you might first want to create a backup of the Theme folder you use for BigBox. You shouldn't need it, but always a good idea.
- Step 1 In the Available Themes List will be all themes you have. Click on the one you use (the one you backed up) then click "Setup Theme". This will now be listed in the Modified Themes List. At any time you can undo the changes made by selecting the Theme in the Modified Themes List and click "Restore Theme".
- Step 2 Select the Platform (Music Box Alpha) in the Available Platforms List and click "Add Platform" (or you can just double-click it). This will move it to the Platforms Ready List. When you are done, click "Done".
- Now start BigBox. (look for the 3 horizontal lines in the upper left, click it and click "BigBox")
- Scroll through your Platforms wheel until you find your new Platform and select it.
If all goes well, this will directly launch your program (Music Box Alpha) without going into the games wheel. And if things really go well, when your system is in Attract Mode, it may stop on this Platform, but then move on to the next Platform without trying to go to the games wheel.
@jayjay is the brains behind getting this to work, but I'm the one that threw it all together. So credit goes to where credit is due. (you decide ) If something's not working right, go ahead and post here and it'll get looked at. And possibly even get resolved.