LaunchBox Community Forums

Unofficial RetroAchievements 1G1R DATs and CUEs/GDIs. 02 September2024

(3 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Hey guys.

After many months of hard work, I'm happy to announce and share v2.x Unofficial RetroAchievement DATs with you guys and CUEs and GDIs that go with them. I've included 3 documents for you guys to look at regarding some information you might wanna know but feel free to PM/DM me on LB forums or Discord if you have any questions/problems. These DATs are best used with ClrMamePro but other Rom Managers should work as well. Don't forget to backup your roms first before scanning with these, just in case.

Enjoy.

Edited by Ultra God Azgorath
Edited Description

What's New in Version 02 September2024   See changelog

Released

• Added Arcade DAT and included most of the new Arcade DevJam sets. I have only added the FBNeo sets to the DAT, not the sets that require Flycast (Mame, Naomi, etc) yet. Those will be added at a later date.
  • Added GameCube RVZ DAT. This DAT is built on the unofficial/custom "NKit RVZ [zstd-19-128k] (1999) (2024-08-25)" No-Intro DAT. Any games that aren't in the original NKit RVZ DAT, such as hacks, homebrews, translations and any other patches, will need to be converted from ISO to RVZ with Dolphin's default RVZ compression settings after applying the patch(es) to be detected with this new DAT. I haven't fully tested it yet so let me know if there's any problems with it.
  • Added all new games that have been added to the other platforms since 02 August 2024.
  • Updated the "Missing Games" file.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Incredible work Azgorath! Thank you for your effort in putting this together.

• Like 1

my ROM manager (Romvault) get an error message for 

RA - NEC TurboGrafx-16.dat

anyone the same problem?

4 hours ago, BioHazZzard said:

my ROM manager (Romvault) get an error message for 

RA - NEC TurboGrafx-16.dat

anyone the same problem?

Yeah, It Needs & replaced with & for the English translation of Maerchen Maze (Romvault will tell you what line it's on)

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 11:42 PM, Odio said:

Missing amp; for the English translation of Maerchen Maze of the PCE dat

Thanks. This has been corrected.

On 5/3/2024 at 12:00 AM, Odio said:

Additionally, Amazon's Running Diet for the NES has different Checksums to the posted hash by the devs, which also includes the direct download link (As it was freely distributed)

So basically the versions of this rom that are available on the RA website are outdated and not a part of the latest official No-Intro NES DAT anymore. The 2 versions that are in my DAT are in the official NES DAT and are also compatible with cheevos.

• Like 1

Current version is missing the amp; after & for Resident Evil - Outbreak [Subset - Online Multiplayer] on lines 2823-2827 and 2847-2851 for the PS2 dat

Out of curiosity, are there plans to support alternate file types? (i.e. chd instead of bin/cue)

Edited by Odio

Thanks Odio. It's been corrected. For alternate file types; unless the official no-intro and/or redump DATs change or add new file types themselves, sadly I won't be doing that. The problem with CHDs is the file hash values are different based on the version of chdman that's used to do the conversion AFAIK so unless chdman stops getting updated/changed, the CHDs will continue to have different hash values than what's in my DATs which will continue to be a pain in the ass for everyone.

• Thanks 1

I REALLY hope the GameCube collection will be in .rvz format, as there are no rvz dats anywhere I can find, They are dramatically smaller, and are confirmed to be supported by RA

@Odio Sadly, the DAT will only support ISO for 3 reasons:

1. Launchbox doesn't detect cheevos for RVZ format, only ISO.
  2. The official Redump DAT uses ISO, not RVZ.
  3. RVZ has the same issue as CHD with DATs. The file hash values are different, depending on the conversion settings used in Dolphin (Block size and compression level), so you would need RVZ files created with the same settings as what's in the DAT to prevent false results which can become a drag. Therefore, I won't be doing a RVZ DAT and I recommend using the DAT to scan Redump ISOs and once you confirm that they are all correct, use Dolphin to convert them manually.

14 hours ago, Odio said:

I REALLY hope the GameCube collection will be in .rvz format, as there are no rvz dats anywhere I can find, They are dramatically smaller, and are confirmed to be supported by RA

Scroll to the bottom of this page and under "Redump Custom DATs".  The maintainer of this DAT has verified that it matches the regular Redump day before converting to rvz.

https://datomatic.no-intro.org/index.php?page=download&s=64

Screenshot_20240717_090744_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Clutz450
  • Thanks 1

RVZ would be great, one more vote for RVZ 😄 

i have play a few games in RVZ and all games works very well with chevos.

gamecube have many dumb files in the ISO, the real size is much cheaper

@BioHazZzard @Odio and everyone else who wants an RVZ DAT, if I were to make a RVZ DAT, which option would you suggest I build the DAT from?

1. Convert Redump-approved GC ISOs to the default RVZ settings in Dolphin (Block Size - 128KB, Compression Type - ZStandard, Compression Level - 5) and put those RVZ file hashes into the DAT OR
  2. Build it from the custom DAT on the No-Intro website as the base.

i don't know what myri.... use, i have try RVZ [zstd-19-128k] dump

Edited by BioHazZzard
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I see they use the no-intro custom RVZ set instead of the redump set. I can build a DAT from that set but its not as popular/easy to find as official redump sets.

6 hours ago, Ultra God Azgorath said:

@BioHazZzard @Odio and everyone else who wants an RVZ DAT, if I were to make a RVZ DAT, which option would you suggest I build the DAT from?

1. Convert Redump-approved GC ISOs to the default RVZ settings in Dolphin (Block Size - 128KB, Compression Type - ZStandard, Compression Level - 5) and put those RVZ file hashes into the DAT OR
  2. Build it from the custom DAT on the No-Intro website as the base.

That's a tough choice, but I'd base it off of the No-Intro DAT, seeing that there are other contributors working to keep that up to date. (Although I would want to verify the conversion settings they use)

• Thanks 1

do you know what format do you use in the future? any informations about the next update? 🙂 thank you in advance!

Sup BioHazzard. Yeah it's been hectic at work. Been trying to update the last few games but haven't had much free time. Next update should be this weekend sometime.

• Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

One small thing I feel I should note, much like PlayStation has the "S" Capitalized so does the WonderSwan

• Like 1

awesome to see RA dev team work on a DAT file for DOSBox, looks like DOSBox is not so far aways what i have think before. thank you for this information

• Like 1