LaunchBox Community Forums

Find the Games your Collection is Missing 1.0.4

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

About the Tool

It finds the top 100 games that are not already in your collection by scraping the XML files in your Data/Platforms folder and comparing it to the Launchbox database

How to use it

Select your Data/Platforms folder. The tool will look stuck for a couple of seconds (about 10-15 for me) but a message will pop up to confirm if it was successful.

tool.thumb.png.87dcd67bc15ee07ea8399d47dc7f9857.png

So what's the point?

It outputs a .xlsx file containing the top 100 games that are missing from your library. It is meant to be used to find games to add to your library. The weighted score is score from 0-5 given to every game based on the user rating and the number of user votes.

Table.thumb.png.2ae138b8760620d549568f1ed4fc259a.png

I still plan to work on it a bit and I'd love some feedback if it's something you'd be interested in using! I mainly use it as a little project to teach myself coding :)

I know the size is a bit ridiculous for what it does, i'm trying to make it a bit lighter

Edited by christhed

What's New in Version 1.0.4   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This sounds like a great tool for people who want the option to round out their library. Definitely have to give this a shot as I could put this to great use. Is it possible to use the same idea towards games you are missing for retroachievements?

Edited by zyute

@zyute You mean that you want to find out what games that are compatible with retroachievements and are missing from your library? I'd need an xml file that contains info on retroachievement compatibility and I'm not too familiar with retroachievements. If you know where retroachievements data is stored I could look into it? 

EDIT: Actually I found out where I can find the data! I'll probably add it to the next version

Edited by christhed

I was just about to let you know where to look when I saw your response. From talks with other launchbox users on discord there seems to be interest in a way to check for just this case. My library of games is large and currently there is no way to check what games from the retroachievements site are omitted from my collection that are supported.

For example I am a user in the USA and there are a lot of Japan/Pal region games devs on the site created achievement sets for that my setup may be missing.

Thanks for the quick response. Good luck!😎

Edited by zyute

retroachievements list would be a real dream! i take a look on this thread. thank you very much in advance for your work, i will try it with your next update! i'm very happy 🙂

• Like 1

thank you for your feedback @christhed, i think this is the tool what i have looking for years!

after the new retroarchievement website update is not possible to see wich games are new on a console, before the update it was possible to sort the games from old to new but now no chance to see wich games are missing or wrong hash.

i have only the problem with your tool all games are show "has achievements" "false" what i can do or maybe problems with the RA API at this moment?

@BioHazZzard Weird. Everything seems to work fine on my end. The tool doesn't actually directly use RA's API, the data is stored in Top Missing Games\datasets\More Data\games_with_achievements.parquet. Make sure you have that file on your end.

Also, "has achievements" looks for games with at least 1 achievement within the RA database. Games that are supported by RA but don't actually have any achievements are set to False.

Let me know if you sill have issues knowing that!

The program does not work. When I start I select all the options correctly but the program stays forever searching for the games and generating the results. The task manager does not show activity.

2024-03-24_14h56_39.jpg

2024-03-24_14h56_55.jpg

Downloaded latest version, same problem. Program stuck not finishing.

This already happened to me in previous versions of the program, but I didn't say anything because I believed that everything was still not working correctly.

I uploaded a debug version with a console. Maybe give that a try and let me know if you get any error message in the console

I can't reproduce the error you're getting on my end but I tried something with the new debug version. If that doesn't work i'll have to work on an actual good debugging tool some other day

Great! Is it actually working as it should? I was worried that it would either create an empty excel file or one where every single game in the database would be included. If everything is good I'll upload it as the actual no console version later today.

Thanks for testing it out for me :)

The program may be classifying games incorrectly. I have found in the lists several games that I have in my collection with different IDs:

Gameboy - Ducktales program ID: 2890

Gameboy - Ducktales launchbox ID: 35220

It happens with many games.

2024-03-24_22h18_54.jpg

I ran this tool but it didn't compare the list to what I currently have in my Platforms. It exported the xlsx file and lists 100 games in each of the categories. 

Can't seem to get this working, with any combination of settings. Just stalls halfway through scanning. Latest version of Launchbox.

I do have a rather large library though, if that makes a difference.

Seems to be fixed in debug version.

Edited by Irithor

Can we please get options for filtering release type? Perhaps checkboxes for 'Released', 'Rom Hack', 'Homebrew', 'Unlicensed" etc. ?

And also ability to filter/checkboxes for region? As some may only collect from USA for example, and want to remove duplicate games that are titled or ID'd separately from other regions.

Great work so far, have been looking for a simplified alternative to other Rom database software to fill out collections for a while.

@iahawks So you mean that the 100 games listed include games that are actually in your library? The intended use is to export a xlsx with 100 games that you are missing, sorted by a weighted user score. What version of Launchbox are you running?

@Irithor It's been a while since I worked on this but I just uploaded a version that works on my end with the latest version of Launchbox. I have around 13000 games and it takes 10 seconds when only the first 3 options are checked. Sorry if that still doesn't work. I don't plan on working on it for at least the next couple of months. 

Filtering by release type should be pretty easy to do when viewing the output file. Region filtering is something i'll look into the next time I have time to work on this 

Screenshot2024-05-26123840.thumb.png.36f5407a0ba3baa745c5bb148390fcbf.png

Edited by christhed

47 minutes ago, christhed said:

@Irithor It's been a while since I worked on this but I just uploaded a version that works on my end with the latest version of Launchbox. I have around 13000 games and it takes 10 seconds when only the first 3 options are checked. Sorry if that still doesn't work. I don't plan on working on it for at least the next couple of months

Same issue with the new version unfortunately.

All good, will be appreciated when you get around to it. Will continue using the debug version for now.

On 5/27/2024 at 1:31 AM, christhed said:

@iahawks So you mean that the 100 games listed include games that are actually in your library? The intended use is to export a xlsx with 100 games that you are missing, sorted by a weighted user score. What version of Launchbox are you running?

@Irithor It's been a while since I worked on this but I just uploaded a version that works on my end with the latest version of Launchbox. I have around 13000 games and it takes 10 seconds when only the first 3 options are checked. Sorry if that still doesn't work. I don't plan on working on it for at least the next couple of months. 

Filtering by release type should be pretty easy to do when viewing the output file. Region filtering is something i'll look into the next time I have time to work on this 

Screenshot2024-05-26123840.thumb.png.36f5407a0ba3baa745c5bb148390fcbf.png

Also having the same issue. Can't get it to work, after trying the latest version and an older version. It just sits there while scanning and not going any further.