LaunchBox Community Forums

JoyToKey Profiles for LaunchBox and Rocket Launcher 1.1.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

What's New for Version 1.1.0:

• ADDED 7 New Systems (80 TOTAL) + LB/HS/RL/Default profiles. New systems include Sega Model 1, Sega System 16, Sega System 24, , Sega X Board, Sega Y Board, Pop-Cap, and Microsoft MS-DOS.
  • Changed the ESC key functionality to buttons 7 + 8 (COIN+START). You must now press both to exit the game.
  • Placed the ESC key location on Button 25 (a dummy location good for using combo buttons).
  • Changed Button 5 to TAB.
  • Changed Button 6 to P (PAUSE).
  • Changed Button 9 to C.
  • Changed Button 10 to V.
  • Changed Button 11 to Z.
  • Changed Button 12 to X.

I'll see how this configuration works for me for the time being. If it's a pain or something is not quite right, I'll continue tweaking it until I find what's best.

*********** BACK UP YOUR OLD PROFILES IN CASE YOU DON'T LIKE THE CHANGES ***********

If you use Rocket Launcher as the primary emulator for Launch Box then this is for you.

I created about 75 profiles for various systems, added them to a RAR archive, and attached to this post. All you have to do is unrar and place the folders within the archive into your ..\RocketLauncher\Profiles\JoyToKey directory. For example, mine is --  ..\RocketLauncher\Profiles\JoyToKey.

You may need to edit the profiles so they are more to your liking or work correctly with your setup. I use the default MAME setup for everything. If you want to change one or all of them, all you have to do is edit only one CFG file, copy the CFG file to every other folder, and rename the CFG file and FOLDER to the name of the emulator you're using for the system.

For example -- I use Rocket Launcher as the emulator for ALL my systems but, once RL starts, I use Stella for the Atari 2600. My path is then ..\RocketLauncher\Profiles\JoyToKey\Atari 2600\Stella\Stella.cfg

Maybe you don't use Stella for the Atari 2600 but use RetroArch. Here's how to change it:
You would simply rename ..\RocketLauncher\Profiles\JoyToKey\Atari 2600\Stella\Stella.cfg to ..\RocketLauncher\Profiles\JoyToKey\Atari 2600\RetroArch\RetroArch.cfg.It's the same path\folder\file but the innermost folder and cfg file have simply been renamed to match the emulator being used.

It's tedious to copy, paste, and rename but it doesn't take too long. I've copied these files to from my Hyperspin machine to another PC that uses Launch Box, set up JoyToKey in Rocket Launcher via the tutorial link below, and found it working beautifully. MAME is a bit of a jerk, however. Sometimes it works straight away and sometimes you still have to map the game within the MAME TAB menu. 

I ONLY HAVE CONTROLLER 1 MAPPED IN THESE FILES!

NOTE: There are NO games or programs within this archive. There are, however, 2 other files -- a BAT file for killing the JoyToKey process and a shortcut that gives that BAT file ADMIN privileges. As I use Hyperspin for my main machine, I am not yet sure if there is a way to have Launch Box use the JoyToKey.exe as the startup program and JoyToKeyKill.lnk as a shutdown program. Once I find out a way to get them to function, I will update this post. In the meantime, there shouldn't be too much trouble with it. You can always exit JoyToKey manually if it causes you any issues.

All files were created manually by me so there's no copyright issue. Launch Box doesn't need a JoyToKey profile as, from my testing, it has its own ability to use a joystick/controller.

**** Here is a very good tutorial on how to set up JoyToKey with Rocket Launcher - READ IT CAREFULLY!:
http://bit.ly/2oA2CJ4

Here's a tutorial on how to use Rocket Launcher with LaunchBox:

----------------------------------- ONLY FOR THOSE USING A MOGA PRO CONTROLLER-----------------------------------
In case you have a Moga Controller, download and install the Moga Serial program:
https://github.com/Zel-os/MogaSerial
NOTE: I can only get it to work in Mode A on the PRO Controller but it works great!
Your computer will also need BlueTooth enabled and successfully linked to the MOGA.

Here is where you can get the latest vJoy USB Controller Driver (you'll need this for the MOGA Controller):
http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/joytokey.thumb.png.b7b5e143c241a8f5509ad1bf27a6e970.png

What's New in Version 1.1.0   See changelog

Released

What's New for Version 1.1.0:

• ADDED 7 New Systems (80 TOTAL) + HS/RL/Default profiles. New systems include Sega Model 1, Sega System 16, Sega System 24, , Sega X Board, Sega Y Board, Pop-Cap, and Microsoft MS-DOS.
  • Changed the ESC key functionality to buttons 7 + 8 (COIN+START). You must now press both to exit the game.
  • Placed the ESC key location on Button 25 (a dummy location good for using combo buttons).
  • Changed Button 5 to TAB.
  • Changed Button 6 to P (PAUSE).
  • Changed Button 9 to C.
  • Changed Button 10 to V.
  • Changed Button 11 to Z.
  • Changed Button 12 to X.

I'll see how this configuration works for me for the time being. If it's a pain or something is not quite right, I'll continue tweaking it until I find what's best.

***************** BACK UP YOUR OLD PROFILES IN CASE YOU DON'T LIKE THE CHANGES *****************

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.