LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintendo Game Boy Color 2D Front + Spines 1.0.0

(1 review)

22 Screenshots

About This File

I was sick of seeing crappy Nintendo Game Boy Color box images in my collection (I made this set years ago in lower resolution with the annoying Game Boy Color logo on all the spines). I remade all boxes in high quality HD with accurate spines on most boxes. All USA games and Euro exclusives are included, along with many Japanese exclusives that can be played in English. Most spines and boxes on the USA and Euro games are all retail accurate, some spines may be custom made if I couldn't find proper source images. As always I included PSD templates for the 2D and 3D boxes if anyone wants to include their own games not included here. About 669 games have been done here. Also included are cropped fronts and spines. This system was a big pain finding suitable source art. For some reason GBC (and also GBA) are a lot harder to find HQ scans than the original Game Boy games. I got lot of images off ebay and thecoverproject, but most of the covers were standard low res 500x500 that I had to enhance and clean up. Most came out great. There are some covers that look pretty awful like International Superstar Soccer 99 (USA). I could not find a decent source image for the north american release anywhere! I image enhanced a crappy 200x200 thumbnail image I found and replaced the logo and its doable for now. NHL Blades of Steel (USA) is another one that was tough to find. Big thanks to all the logo wizards in the forums who helped create some clear logos for some of these boxes. Feel free to let me know if there are any errors. If anyone has better scans for some of these covers let me know, And if anyone wants to upload some of these to the Games DB, by all means do so. Enjoy this collection!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Great to see the covers and spines in a higher res than the stock download (I certainly haven't seen a good resource for the spines). Also, good to see the files split into Front, Spine and Front+Spine. Thank you. 👍

Link to review