Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

EASTWOOD2002

Members
  • Content Count

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About EASTWOOD2002

  • Rank
    1-Bit Wonder
  1. Hi garbanzo, I tried looking at Commodore 64.xml under Launchbox/data/platforms and searching for "The Last Ninja" - but the ID is in hexadecimal. But then I took your advice and (making a backup first) edited and removed the wrong version of "The Last Ninja" (below) from metadata.xml and then re-scraped and it worked - so thank you. <Game> <Name>The Last Ninja</Name> <ReleaseYear>1986</ReleaseYear> <Overview>Ahoy! 1986/09 (Issue #33), Loadstar #244</Overview> <Cooperative>false</Cooperative> <DatabaseID>159366</DatabaseID> <CommunityRating>4</CommunityRating> <Platform>Commodore 64</Platform> <CommunityRatingCount>1</CommunityRatingCount> <Genres /> <Developer>Ion International, Inc.</Developer> <Publisher>Ahoy!</Publisher> </Game> I have changed this (wrong) "The Last Ninja"'s name in the Db to "The Last Ninja (Ahoy! Issue #33)" and I see that yesterday's metadata refresh has not reflected that yet - so I'm hoping that this will be a permanent fix (i.e. making the name unique). But thank you.
  2. I've used LB for a couple of years now and have 1000's of entries (~8700). I've just reconciled against a cloud sync and came across the wrong "The Last Ninja". What I have is the (arguably famous) 1987 game by System 3: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/6114 What the scraping keeps finding is a game with the same name that was released on a magazine cover disk in 1986: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/109366 The file I have is called "Last Ninja, The.tap" within the Commodore 64 game folder. I have tried the following with no luck: - Dragging and dropping - Adding using the ADD button - Trying to correct / search for meta data using EDIT (note that I've tried searching on "The Last Ninja", "Last Ninja" and "The Last") I've made sure that I've refreshed the local Db, I've tried adding the year after the name. So I'm not sure what the answer is...ideally - The online db needs to show the LB ID and the local client needs to allow a manual entry of this ID to scrape against or - The logic behind the meta data scraping needs to return all games with the same name under a single platform Obviously if I'm missing something here - happy to hear back, but I believe this may be a fundamental Db / client issue with how they handle unique games with the same name
×
×
  • Create New...