LaunchBox Community Forums

Movie Scraper Plugin 2.0.0

(3 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Downloads Information and Images for Movies.

Thanks to @superfurry for the insperation(he created the Movie Launcher in this thread)

thanks to @Nielk1 for assistance with the forms, you do amazing work and are always there to lend a hand.

this Plugin uses the Fanart.TV Api and omdbapi to scrape images and details.

simply add movies to your LaunchBox collection.

Right Click on the Movie or Multiple Movies

Select Scrape Movie.

you may need to hit f5 to refresh the images.

you can find this sourcecode and others at

https://github.com/slipsystem/LaunchBox-Plugin-Examples

BUY ME A BEER

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Neoblood

6 of 7 members found this review helpful 6 / 7 members

Doesn't work, nothing happens when you attempt to scrape a movie...

• Like 1
Link to review
CaptainGreenhat

· Edited by CaptainGreenhat

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Great feature and a tremendous time saver for sure. I have noticed a problem (admittedly it is superficial) when I was scraping my animated movies. Some of the covers are just fan art and don't look right with the rest when they are missing words. My second problem is that when I Scrape movies that have a Japanese equivalent the plugin renames the entry in launchbox as the Japanese name instead of the English name equivalent.

All in all a fantastic plugin to be sure. I especially like the pop up that lets me select which movie version it is. (Perhaps this can be applied to the feature above. I also enjoy the fact I can scrape in bulk. Thanks for putting in all the work you have on this. If I was to suggest any general improvements (not issue related) it would be to fill in the rest of the metadata. I know the release date and publishing studio etc is pretty damn irrelevant but I am a completionist so it is nice to have scraped for me. =)

edit: the japanese movie issue also makes the covers the japanese version.

Link to review