LaunchBox Community Forums

How Long To Beat (HLTB) 2.0.0

(6 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

View how long it takes to complete a game and optionally save these times as Custom Fields for viewing in the game details.  Also displayed are what other platforms (if any) the particular game is available on.

All data comes direct from How Long To Beat.   Be sure to log in there to save, compare and share times.  Without them, this plugin wouldn't be here.

The 3 types of timed gameplay this plugin gets are:

• Main Story         (just run to the end)
  • Main + Extras    (Main Story plus Additional Quests/Medals/Unlockables)
  • Completionist   (complete 100% of everything)

What makes this plugin different from other HLTB plugins and apps?

• It works
  • Result are 'live'
  • With some luck and little-to-no fear of website updates, it will still work
    • next week,
      • next month,
        • through the end of the year
          • and beyond...
    • without any updates required (fingers crossed)

Requirements:

LaunchBox and the plugin file.

Installing:

Download and extract the contents into your /LaunchBox/Plugins/ folder

i.e.  D:/LaunchBox/Plugins/HLTB/HLTB.dll

Using:

• Select a game
  • Right-click and select How Long To Beat
    • If the game is not found, follow the onscreen instructions to help narrow down results
  • (optional) Click Add to Custom Fields
    • The Custom Fields names will be:
      • HLTB Main Story
      • HLTB Main + Extras
      • HLTB Completionist
  • (informational) Platforms that the game is available for are shown No longer provided. A Box-Fron image is shown instead.
  • Select a radio button for how you want your times to be displayed and saved.  (Days-Hours-Minutes, Hours-Minutes or Minutes only)

image.png.946f7a408d559a98b7111f7ff08c1abd.png   hltb-2.thumb.png.c080b020e7bc5805b53b5884fc27467b.png

New in v2.0.0

HLTB Viewer and Playlist creator (Requires HLTB times to have been saved to Custom Fields)
- View and sort HLTB games by title or Time To Beat
- Launch a game directly from Viewer
- Create playlists

Creating Playlists:

• From the Tools Menu, select HLTB Viewer.   
  • Select a platform
  • Select one or (preferably) more games
    • Click on the HLTB Time column header to sort by Times. Click again to reverse the sort.
  • Click Create Playlist  (This will open a new Window)
  • Set the playlists Title, Nested Name and Category (Category is optional)
  • Click Create Playlist

image.png.1fcd597f80360f18922c3e1d0f918d24.png

Playlists will be static.  If you add more games to your collection, just add the HLTB times to the games Custom Fields (right-click game option) and then in the Playlist Creator, check the box Add to Existing Playlist.  Select the playlist. 

Notes about the names and platform category

[Unique] Name  - No other playlist can have 'this' name.

Nested Name     - what shows in the sidebar.  (i.e. HLTB 30-60 Minutes)

Category              - The [Platform] Category it will be nested under.  (i.e. Arcade How Long To Beat)

To get the Nested Names to sort properly, edit the playlist and set the Sort Title. In the image above, '30-60' sort title is set to "2".  '1-2 Hours' is set to "3". etc.

Remember to Like and Subscribe and check out my other.....🤣.    Just go have some fun and be good humans. 😎

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See changelog

Released

New Option: Select to view/save time by Day-Hour-Minute, Hour-Minute or Minutes-only

New Features:
HLTB Viewer and Playlist creator (Requires HLTB times to have been saved to Custom Fields)
- View and sort HLTB games by title or Time To Beat
- Launch a game directly from Viewer
- Create playlists

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Jackdefjam

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Feel the magic of the Plugin Wizard  Another super cool addition to your Launchbox build ! Works without any issues
Would love to see this implemented in some BigBox Themes

• Thanks 1
Link to review
zyute

Extremely helpful as it gives me a idea of how much time I need to devote to what I want to play. Works like a charm including the means of customization. I could see this being a main part of Launchbox if given the opportunity to be integrated. Awesome stuff so thanks for the hard work!

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Dan Patrick

This is legitimately useful and the Big Box support you've added is a big win! Maybe one day the info can be displayed on the game details page instead of needing the separate window that you manually close. I'm sure that is easier said than done. But it's very functional and enjoyable as is. Thank you for making this! It is now a permanent part of my setup. 

Response from the author:

Thanks!! :) 

Your feature request is easier done-than-said. ;) 

• Save the HLTB's to Custom Fields in LaunchBox
  • In BigBox, enable Custom Fields
    • Options - Game Details - Show Custom Fields
  • Use a Theme that actually shows details

Example using CriticalZoneV2 - Default.  1st image is any of the Game Details screens.  2nd is CoverFlow with Details view.

image.thumb.png.7e58c3bccbc97ab22ca0a499b6790561.png  

image.thumb.png.ee2ed36519d2053ea5980b38846e599b.png

• Thanks 1
Link to review

Very nice! I've been waiting for something like this. I can even do bulk downloads instead of doing each game individually, which is nice for large collections.

Great work!!

• Thanks 1
Link to review