LaunchBox Community Forums

Missing Games Checker Plugin 1.1.2

(2 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Missing Games Checker (MGC) is a LaunchBox plugin designed to help users identify missing games in their collection based on platform metadata. It provides an easy-to-use interface that lets you view owned and missing games, and export the results.

Instructions for Using the Missing Games Checker (MGC):
Requirements:

1. This plugin in the LaunchBox Plugin folder.

Installation and Usage:
1. Install the Plugin:

• Download the latest release of the MGC plugin from this page.
  • Make sure LaunchBox is closed.
  • Unblock the downloaded zip file (Right-click on the zip -> Select Properties -> Click or Check "Unblock" if available)
  • Open the zip file and place the `LBMissingGamesCheckerPlugin.dll` file into your  LaunchBox\Plugins folder (example R:\LaunchBox\Plugins).

2. Access the Plugin:

• Launch LaunchBox, then access the Tools menu and find Missing Games Checker.

3. Using the Plugin:

• Select a platform from the dropdown menu and click the Confirm Selection button.
  • MGC will display a list of games owned and a list of games missing from your collection based on the LaunchBox metadata.
  • You can export the list of missing games to a CSV file for easy reference.

4. Options/Features:

• Filter games by Released status if you only want to check released titles.
  • Toggle column visibility to view/export the data you need.
  • Click on the highlighted cell data for links to video URLs, Wikipedia links, and the game on the LaunchBox DB (where available).

Troubleshooting/Updates:
If you've confirmed the above and are still having issues, please provide the following:

• Click the "Export to CSV" button for the Missing Games table and save the .CSV file.
  • Attach the .CSV file to a post here.
    • (Optional) Attach a screenshot of the app with the error message.

I'll review the information and post a fix/suggestion as soon as possible.

Also, if you would like to have MGC perform additional tricks, let me know!! I do appreciate the feedback and will enhance the plugin over time based on your findings/suggestions.

Special Thanks

A huge thanks to the LaunchBox team and their API documentation for making this project possible, as well as Jason's helpful video tutorial.

Check out the source code on GitHub if you're interested.

Edited by AgentJohnnyP
Updated instructions

What's New in Version 1.1.2   See changelog

Released

Added extra checks to the Metadata.xml search and parsing. Added additional messaging if selected platform data is not found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

zyute

Every launchbox user should give this plugin a try. I've used it since the initial release to fill in the gaps of my collection and it works real well. If you have a large collection just give it some time as I'm sure it will improve as future releases are made. Even when there was a error you helped me figure out the issue and fixed it when need be so thanks. Highly recommended!

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Maul83

Very helpful, crashes a bit though as it does search a lot of data

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review and feedback! And yeah, it's a lot of data but I'll work on optimizations 👍 Cheers!

• Thanks 1
Link to review