Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

ancient_mu_mu2

Members
  • Posts

    16
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ancient_mu_mu2

  1. Update: Looks like they've rated all 2,312 titles in the Pinball platform as 1 star now
  2. As far as I can tell, someone has gone through the Pinball platform in the games database and systematically, in alphabetical order, rated 862 games as 1 star, from "007: Casino Royale" all the way up to "Groovy", at which point I guess they got bored and gave up. I do feel quite sorry for that person, whoever they are, as clearly they have a lot of issues, but is there any way you can identify who it was and undo their ratings? Thanks.
  3. Hi, I can't see any post about this, but for the last four or five days the gamesdb has been a bit glitchy when adding new games. From what I can tell, if you take too long adding a game then it times out, and when you hit submit, it either flashes up an error message and then exits out of the adding a game page without submitting the changes, or on a few occasions it's kind of just stuck permanently in adding game mode, and even if you leave it a long time, it doesn't actually fully process the additional game. Thanks
  4. I think 10MB is the maximum file size that can be uploaded.
  5. They're from an anonymously uploaded torrent.
  6. I've re-uploaded it as ten smaller files. Any problems, let me know. Thanks.
  7. Version 1.1

    215 downloads

    1004 Visual Pinball X gameplay videosnaps. They're all mp4 files, landscape 1920x1080. Most are between 30 seconds and a minute in length, though some are a bit longer, and a few are much longer (up to ten minutes).
  8. Oh, it's you doing it, is it? They scrape just fine if you scrape your individual pinball tables as part of the Pinball platform. Why would I want individual pinball tables mixed in with my Windows or XBOX games? Also, some of those DLC tables weren't released individually on any platform, they were released as part of a pack, so if you want to be really strict about it, the individual tables shouldn't be anywhere, instead the pack (e.g. Universal Classics pack or Balls of Glory pack etc) should be listed on Windows and Switch and XBOX and PS5 etc. Feel free to add them there if you wish, but can you leave individual pinball tables in the Pinball platform, please? As a collector, it makes much more sense to have all the individual pinball tables listed as part of the pinball platform. Thanks
  9. This morning I noticed that around 35 pinball tables from Pinball FX3 / Pinball FX had been moved overnight from the Pinball platform to the Windows platform. Yes, they were released as DLC for Pinball FX / FX3 on Windows, but they were also released for Switch, PS4/5 and XBOX, so it seems fairly clear to me that individual digital tables should be part of the Pinball platform, not Windows. Can a moderator confirm that I would be right to move them back to the Pinball platform? Thanks
  10. Most of the videosnaps for the Deluxe and Remake tables are just the original tables, they even have the same file size. The videosnaps for the original tables are useful though, thanks.
  11. Thanks, the workaround worked like a charm 😀
  12. When I updated I had the sidebar turned off. After updating, I am unable to turn the sidebar on. It makes no difference whether I press Ctrl+S or select from the dropdown menus, my sidebar will not come back.
  13. I've spent the last couple of months overhauling the SAM Coupé platform in the Launchbox games database. I never owned a SAM Coupé, but I did own a ZX Spectrum as a child, and as the SAM Coupé was backwards compatible with the ZX Spectrum 48k, yet released at a time when the world was already moving into the 16 bit era, it has always been something of a curiosity for me. I've added around 70 games, taking the total from 24 to 94, and I've updated all the metadata and added/created missing media. The 92 games in my collection now all have a logo, a title or game select screenshot, a gameplay screenshot, a disk or fanart disk image, and a box front or fanart box front image. Most games that have their original (but faded) box front images in the database now have reconstructed box front images too, so that they look prettier in Launchbox. So if you checked out SAM Coupé as a platform in the past, but were put off by its relative lack of games and missing media, maybe take another look. There are some interesting homebrew ports of games such as Defender, Flappy Bird, Pang, Streetfighter, Rick Dangerous, Tetris, Bubble Ghost and Pac-Man, in addition to the commercially released games like Lemmings, Klax, Manic Miner, Pipemania and Prince of Persia. I plan to eventually record videosnaps for each of these games (the emulator Sim Coupé has a really easy to use 'record video' mode) and upload them all to Emumovies.
  14. It's not just you. https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/91606-cannot-add-images-to-existing-games-in-games-database/#comment-494887 https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/91593-problem-uploading-artwork/
  15. When attempting to add new images to existing games in the Games Database online, the Changes Status shows a broken image being added to a "New Game". Unsurprisingly, this is then rejected by moderators.
×
×
  • Create New...