I hope this make sense
I am currently on (2)two windows 10 64-bit computers right now. Both computers are running launchbox 8.2. The second system "Intel Skull" I am currently rebuilding everything but im running into issues with retroarch 1.7.1 final burn cores for neogeo and capcon CPS roms. Also the "Intel Skull" running retroarch 1.3.0 as a test emulatior. Both Retroarchs 1.7.1 & 1.3.0 both can run Neogeo games but not in launchbox. I have been doing this everynight for the past week to make this work but i cant figure it out. I have tried
Tried these methods -
-add folder or add files
-using platform (SNK Neo Geo MVS & SNK Neo Geo AES)
-manual typing in (Neogeo, neogeo, SNK Neogeo) & using either arcade or the above platforms as scrapers
-using one emulator (retroarch 1.7.1) or using adding another Retroarch with only "neogeo" as an associated platforms
-retroarch emulator path either in the "Launchbox emulators" folder or not in the launchbox folder sturcture at all.
-within the emulator either keeping the Default Command-Line Parameters or none at all
-Associated platforms cores, I have tried so many. None will work with launchbox but when I load retroarch these cores work
Arcade (FB Alpha 2012 Neo Geo)
Arcade (FB Alpha 2012)
Arcade (FB Alpha)
-Would you like to move or copy the files? I have tired copy, move and also use the files in their current location. At first I had launchbox move the neogeo roms into the launchbox game directory but ofcourse that didn’t work. Also tried using a different location for the roms outside launchbox.
- The BIOS files are in the same folder as the neogeo roms (neogeo.zip 1,480 KB & qsound.zip 3 KB)
- ROM files are still zipped.
- In launchbox if I changed the system name I also changed the associated platform name also with the same characters and case-sensive. .
Now even to make it more confusing that on the 1st computer I have launchbox 8.2 (which I think was a software upgrade but not a fresh install) and using emulator retroarch 1.3.0 with
neogeo -L "cores\fb_alpha_neo_libretro.dll" True
Also within retroarch 1.3.0 its using the FBA Cores Neo v.2.97.30
And it works thru launch box .
I have also tried to reinstall in a different location launchbox 8.2 and configure retroarch 1.3.0 with that same core and ofcourse loading roms thru launchbox does not work on Intel skull.
I can provide images for the setting on the Intel Skull computer and i would like to also focus on that Intel Skull than the 1st computer. im lost and i would really like to compete this issue.
I am in no rush since i have been working on this project for 1+ years so