LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme 2.03

(22 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

# WHAT IS COLORFUL MEDIA SET ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. Hope you like it!!

COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.cc3347194aedf12be1e85d8640be0d23.jpg

OFFICIAL COLORFUL ASSET :

RECOMMENDED COMMUNITY ASSET :

# HERE IS COLORFUL THEME FOR BIGBOX:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Theme for BigBox:
Design for work with my platform video set, COLORFUL THEME is thought to be used on the big screen (TV) in gaming console mode.
Modern, elegant and animated are the key words of this interface.

The COLORFUL project is getting too big for me alone.
@faeran  has taken over the source code of the theme. A BIG THANKS to you for your support and your precious help !! :x

# IN DETAIL ?
The main features :

• 16:9 only. (Works on other ratio, but with black bands)
  • Full 4K asset. (Any resolution must work, 4K assets)
  • Totally responsive. No resolution deformation on text size or placement.
  • Because of the white/black background, some ClearLogo comes with the theme.
  • Gamepad connection indicator & battery level.

# RECOMMENDATION ?
Any design choice gives limitations. Here are some recommendations for this theme :

• LaunchBox/BigBox up to date.
  • VLC highly recommended.
  • Design for work with COLORFUL platform video set. (but you can use any video you what)
  • Beware of full white/black ClearLogo. They will be invisible on Light/Dark views!
  • I didnt test this theme on a lowend configuration. There may be slowdown. (Curious to have your feedback on this subject!)

# COOL, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
2 ways

1.  In Windows : Right here, with the download button. Extract the "Colorful" folder and place it in your "LaunchBox/Themes" directory.   (dont rename it!)
  2.  In BigBox : Option > Theme manager > Found "COLORFUL - Light" or "COLORFUL - Dark"

# HOW TO EDIT ?
You can now edit this theme within the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, using the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files below (current version from the CTC 2.3):

# SPECIAL THANKS !

# CREDITS !

# BY FILE, EVERY CUSTOM VIEW SUMMARY  (Here in LIGHT. Same principle/animation for DARK)

• PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel1FiltersView.thumb.gif.c5efedc6b7a6e4bd4962a12beeee0aec.gif
  • PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel2FiltersView.thumb.gif.c22bf2a1583f94b203079adde1f813e4.gif
  • WheelGamesView.xaml :
  •  474073990_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-WheelGamesView-2022-04-0713_15_51.thumb.jpg.43f1b19a91943b09dd8d76b8d0947516.jpg
  • Wheel2GamesView.xaml :
  • 634414446_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-Wheel2GamesView-2022-04-0713_16_13.thumb.jpg.7bfa1eeb24d854f4d380e139c60f5a1e.jpg
  • TextGamesView.xaml :
  • 555591633_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-TextGamesView-2022-04-0713_17_17.thumb.jpg.cf0e7cbf54f36b556cd4aba64dae5171.jpg

What's New in Version 2.03   See changelog

Released

• Fix animations in certain views when backing out of the Game Details menu.
  • Potentially other small fixes here and there.
  • Like 55
  • Thanks 12
  • Game On 5
  • Unusual Gem 14

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

niglurion

17 of 17 members found this review helpful 17 / 17 members

The best theme (by far) for BigBox. According to my tastes of course :) You are an excellent graphic designer and I hope to see your productions for a long time. I am impressed by the attention to details and the intelligent use of space. Never overloaded, always super stylish, clean and responsive.
Bravo!

Response from the author:

My ... What a comment! Thank you, it's very motivating ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to review
darkaegis

6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is beautiful! Insta-switched to the theme the moment I saw it in the announcement video. Perfect mix, to me, of flashy and cleanly designed. Not gaudy, but visually interesting. Love the intro videos as well. Haven't had any issues just yet. There is a TINY bit of slowness when switching platforms to load up the video, but I presume that's something to do with BigBox and how it loads video rather than something to do with the theme.

I prefer the made-for-theme platform videos, but it worked fine with my default videos before I used LB to get them.

Thank you very much for your review! ?

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Corgan

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I am blown away by this theme.  Can't wait to see more!  There are some issues with using the white background and certain logos, but hopefully those can be overcome with time.  Also the custom game videos are sometimes obscured in an awkward way by the 2D game box when browsing, but it works great 90% of the time and the remaining 10% I can live with because I wouldn't change a thing about the layout so far.

• Like 1
  • Unusual Gem 1
Link to review
Jalisciense

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Thank you very much for this theme, I love it! and I'm waiting excited for the next update.

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Scarletic

The only one really beautiful theme to put on your TV in your house and it looks great, modern and fashinable, as other themes usually looks very amature.

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Supersilver

Best theme to come to BigBox yet! Excited for further updates ?

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Mr. RetroLust

Amazing work, the animations, the graphics design, just everything breathes professional creative work. ?

• Thanks 1
Link to review
evansoft

It's so beautiful ?

The minimal aesthetic let's the colors really pop. If you could ever find it in your heart to adapt a 21:9 version, you would be my hero.

In the meantime, I'm rocking the black bars because it's that good.

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Zephy918

I love the theme. Only it's so bright. Its beautifully designed, and has everything I would want a theme to have. I would like to see it in gray, with darker text, and darker icons. Other than that, spot on. Would it be ok, if I modified the colors, provided I did not distribute it?

A dark version is already planned. I juste want to fix bug and feature before work on it ?

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Retronomicon

Very snazzy looking on my 4k tv. I like this a lot!

Thx !!

• Thanks 1
Link to review
ObiWanJabroni

Once I saw this on ETA Prime's update video, I switched this right over. Awesome job and I can't wait to see the updates!

Thx a lot !! ☺️

• Thanks 1
Link to review
alfredolvera

One of the best themes, by far. I just suscribed to this man's Patreon and If you like this type of work, you should too. Fantastic job. Hope we can get more view types in the future :)

It warms the heart to read your comment! Thank you !!!!?

• Thanks 1
Link to review
OdinsPlayground

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Been using the StationEmulation theme for a couple of years now, with photos only. Randomly decided to see what's changed since then, if there was any interesting new themes. I'm a person who loves minimalistic design, so many of the other themes and platform videos didn't interest me as they came across as messy and quite tacky. Finding this theme was such a blessing, fell in love with it completely. Very sleek and works so nicely together with the platform / playlist videos. Can't wait for more of them to be added! Truly amazing theme and work. 

• Thanks 1
Link to review
summerist.l

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Any way to switch the console logos to japanese version (e.g. sega genesis to mega drive)?

Link to review
jeer

Absolutely amazing work - blows every other theme out of the water by a country mile. Your work is incredibly appreciated.

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Kefka2b

· Edited by Kefka2b

The most beautiful theme out there imo but it's missing it's own platform device images for some platforms (managed to fix MAME) and platform category device images? I tried to put them in the respective folders manually but no effect. Anyone knows how to do that?

EDIT: Thanks Viking, I think I did it well as it worked with the same files on other themes, and also worked partially on yours which is really confusing, I stumbled upon a video on how to use the BB media overrides folders in the CTC so I'll go down that road now ;)

One suggestion from me for future changes in your amazing theme: add box-front + Cart-front + description on the left of the Game selection wheel ;)

(also maybe maybe add a couple mores second of delay before playing platform videos)

Thanks for your comment!
About the hardware images, I add them to the theme along with the VideoSet. I'm moving as fast as I can, but I can't be full time on it. Especially the arcade variants (there are a lot of them) which require me to do some CGI work in pre-production.
About the Platform Category, the main ones are in place. Maybe a problem with the naming of the files (they should match your naming, especially if it is custom. 
Or maybe a "BigBox > Images > Clear all cache" will fix your problem ?

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Sebiinator

I would recommended this to everyone. 

It goes so well with the colorful platform videos. 😀

I love it. 

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Dreamster

I'll have to agree with niglurion, this really is the best theme by far. Viking, you're the best around.

• Thanks 1
Link to review
javi831

Viking, I love the minimalist theme and vibrant colors. Such an amazing job! I wanted to ask if it's possible to remove the box art and instead add the title screen video or even just the title screen, title, as an overlay? Thanks again for the amazing work. 

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Chro

love this theme. it looks so clean and elegant. Definitly something for the living room. ?

• Thanks 1
Link to review