LaunchBox Community Forums

Need Help with this Gradient Xaml Code Please

shinra358

http://s6.postimg.org/aeq4wy6pp/Clipboard01d.jpg
<LinearGradientBrush EndPoint="4,0" MappingMode="RelativeToBoundingBox" StartPoint="0,0"> <GradientStop Color="Black"/> <GradientStop Color="Transparent" Offset="2"/> </LinearGradientBrush>
How do I make that gradient go from black to clear so that the background image can be seen perfectly under the supposed transparent color without discoloration? Currently is looks like black to white.

I copy and pasted that code but when I put it over the image, it's just like the pic in first post. But if I use an image to do it like this:
<Image Source="troll.png"/>
Where should the png be? In same location as the xaml or in location of bigbox exe?

I'm still working on figuring out relative paths. Several people have noted that they can't seem to get relative paths working, so I have that on my list to figure out. For now you'd have to do the complete, rooted path, unfortunately, but I'll get it figured out soon. I'm confused about the pic in the first post, though. You mentioned that the gradient was white but I don't see any white in the pic...can you explain?

White is to the right. That white color is supposed to be transparent. But it's a transparent white. The image is not that color. Im trying to make that image shine through as it's original color. The black looks good but it's supposed to fade into the pure image but instead the image is whitish. This is the original image. Compare the coloring and see how the op pic is whitish to the right: