LaunchBox Community Forums

My Collections

Jason Carr said Awesome! Any chance you could share the program you wrote?
Here is the tool. Just unzip the file into the folder of Lanchbox. If you want I've also included the file MAME.DAT to use if you just want to rename the rom with game titles and then download the META with launchbox. The program requires the Net Framework 4 installed. The tool creates a bakcup launchbox.xml file in case of problems but I recommend you test it on a copy of launchbox. Let me know. Jason, if you want to include this feature in launchbox, I give you the source of my program without problems Launchbox MAME Import mame.dat

Thanks sincro. That's a great tool. Ultimately I'd like to integrate all of that into the main LaunchBox search somehow, but I need to plan out how it all should work with multiple search providers and the like, and it may be a while. This tool will serve the purpose just fine until then, for sure. I should probably create a sticky thread for this, and maybe a blog post too. Actually, would you mind posting a new thread about it and with the download? I can make it sticky after you post it. Or I can post it if you'd prefer; I just want to make sure that you get credit where it's due. Thanks again. :)

Thanks Jason, I'm glad you like this simple program. it is better if you do the post on the forum because my bad English: ( change also the position of the download if you like, I've put on my dropbox for comfort to manage the search metadata from multiple sources you may inspire to program "Tiny Media Manager"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...