LaunchBox Community Forums

Excluding certain tags

geckogirl191

So far, I haven't seen the ability to filter certain games based on what tag(s) they don't have (unless I haven't looked far enough). Say I want LaunchBox to pick a random game for me that isn't in the "Strategy" genre. Even typing in a long list of genres except the one I don't want doesn't seem to work. Another potential new feature, perhaps?

geckogirl191 said So far, I haven't seen the ability to filter certain games based on what tag(s) they don't have (unless I haven't looked far enough). Say I want LaunchBox to pick a random game for me that isn't in the "Strategy" genre. Even typing in a long list of genres except the one I don't want doesn't seem to work. Another potential new feature, perhaps?
So just the ability to exclude something rather than include it? Wouldn't that be the same thing though? I mean... if you wanted to exclude one item at a time then that could work. Though, I think using Ctrl to select multiple filters at once would achieve this as well. Especially with the new UI and the way filtering is going to go. Jason may have already planned on something similar though. Also, considering there is no way to really select multiple filters at once right now with the new filter system this could do what you want. With the old filter system you could use multiple filters like: Platform- PS2; Publisher- Atlus and narrow down your results but never exclude. Would pressing Ctrl then selecting multiple options you want achieve the same result for you? You could select all the Genres you want and just not Ctrl + Click the ones you want to exclude.

SentaiBrad said Would pressing Ctrl then selecting multiple options you want achieve the same result for you? You could select all the Genres you want and just not Ctrl + Click the ones you want to exclude.
I've tried ctrl-clicking, and that doesn't seem to work, not even when I try to select genres to filter. Confused Seriously, I have looked in every single nook and cranny of the program itself, and I haven't found a feature like this anywhere.

geckogirl191 said
SentaiBrad said Would pressing Ctrl then selecting multiple options you want achieve the same result for you? You could select all the Genres you want and just not Ctrl + Click the ones you want to exclude.
I've tried ctrl-clicking, and that doesn't seem to work, not even when I try to select genres to filter. Confused Seriously, I have looked in every single nook and cranny of the program itself, and I haven't found a feature like this anywhere.
Maybe I should rephrase that, if Ctrl + Clicking was implemented would that solve the problem? Yea, right now there isn't too much in the way of multiple filters from the same category, even with the old filter method.