LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature Request: Playlists

tazrex

First, thanks for all the great work on the LaunchBox project. It has totally rejuvenated my interest in retro gaming and I am eagerly awaiting the premium version! A feature that I would appreciate is the ability to create playlists of games so I could easily group and order titles by more personal criteria than the current options. For example, being able to create a playlist of: IGN's 100 best Super Nintendo Games A list of Metroid-vania style games A complete collection of Star Wars titles regardless of system

I second this idea, it'd also be a great way to list games I'm midway through or intend to try soon. What would be even better is if there was a way to make a shareable playlist. For example, you make a playlist with the original Super Mario Bros., which corresponds to GamesDB ID #140. If you save the playlist as a file containing these ID#s, you could also have someone else import this playlist file into their library. There it would automatically look for ID #140 and add the associated game to the playlist if possible. With this, someone could copy IGN's Top 100 SNES games into a playlist and make it available to everyone else, rather than each person having to make the list themselves.

• 8 months later...
Hi dariodb, Nathan's right. I do plan on adding playlists, but they're not a high priority right now because they're so similar to features that already exist, such as custom filters. It's not quite as convenient as a proper playlist, but custom filters should give you what you need to create something that acts like a playlist.

Laugh Nice! Sorry I hadn't discovered that feature yet. Total noob mistake. In fact, I think this is much better than playlists. I can get results similar to a SMART playlist (like in Apple programs), which IMHO is much better than manual playlists. And in combination with custom FIELDS I can see it becoming a very powerful tool. Great job and thanks for the reply! Now I'm -1 for playlists Laugh I am so happy you made Launchbox happen, honestly. I began using OpenEmu a few weeks ago on my Mac and is great for 8-16 bit stuff. But for my higher end emulation needs I go to my gaming PC which has to run Windows, sadly. I was begging to lose hope of getting a similar experience, I mean streamlined instead of individual emulators with no cataloging features whatsoever. So not only have I found a solution for Windows, but a much better one also! I am moving all my emulation library now to the PC thanks to Launchbox. I also hope Launchbox for Mac is coming along nicely, it would be great to use it there too! Maybe for cataloging other stuff. I'm not a programmer, but I have almost 10 years of experience supporting OS X systems so I'd be happy to help in any way I can if needed, at least with testing maybe.

• 7 months later...