LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature Request - Split pane

mnemonic

Less covers on the left and info+screenshot on the right. Here is a screenshot of some xbmc addon which should give you a hint of what I mean. The execution of that addon though is poorly. It wastes a lot space so the info is not even shown without scrolling. If implemented in LB it should be done a bit better. A movable divider instead of fixed division would be awesome. http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4422/screenshot009l.png The current LB built only hovers the info or shows it next to the selected game. This looks ugly since it covers the boxarts of other games. Additionally the screenshot is shown nowhere even though it's downloaded.

mnemonic said Less covers on the left and info+screenshot on the right. Here is a screenshot of some xbmc addon which should give you a hint of what I mean. The execution of that addon though is poorly. It wastes a lot space so the info is not even shown without scrolling. If implemented in LB it should be done a bit better. A movable divider instead of fixed division would be awesome. http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4422/screenshot009l.png The current LB built only hovers the info or shows it next to the selected game. This looks ugly since it covers the boxarts of other games. Additionally the screenshot is shown nowhere even though it's downloaded.
I second this actually. The great thing is too that we are probably going to go through a UI rewrite at some point in the future so the final decisions haven't been made BUT, we also don't know how extensively it is going to change. At least the general consensus of most of the users is that we should. Jason agrees for the most part, how ever he is still one person. It will come with better themeing options, most likely better controller support while inside the program and lots more features. I don't want to make any promises on his behalf, but changing up the UI a little bit is certainly being talked over between himself and I, and of course everyone on the forums. We were leaning more towards an OpenEmu STYLE, but not to copy them. We want the UI to still be unique to us. Also, Kodi is an awesome program. I just never got in to using it for Roms. :P