LaunchBox Community Forums

Hide Game Titles, no auto selection when Lb starts, Game details hoverbox

ncross216

This is my first time posting in this forum so please just inform me if the topics already exist or i make any mistake. 1. It would be great if we can hide Game title as most of our box-art contains the title itself. 2. When LB starts, the first game is always selected and has a white selection box around it. No auto-selection would look more nice when the app starts. 3. In case of bringing up the game details popup by clicking the game icon 'i', is it possible that the popup will get disappeared when user moves away the pointer from the game. thanks!Laugh

ncross216 said This is my first time posting in this forum so please just inform me if the topics already exist or i make any mistake. 1. It would be great if we can hide Game title as most of our box-art contains the title itself. 2. When LB starts, the first game is always selected and has a white selection box around it. No auto-selection would look more nice when the app starts. 3. In case of bringing up the game details popup by clicking the game icon 'i', is it possible that the popup will get disappeared when user moves away the pointer from the game. thanks!Laugh
Welcome to the forums. I don't think any of these are implemented right now. The first two make sense. The first one will most likely be a UI option and the second one will most likely be a default behavior, unless Jason made it the current way on purpose. He would have to say though. As for the 3rd, is this a bug report or a question? I can't tell what you mean exactly. -Brad

I'm glad you found them helpful Brad. About the third one what i meant was when I hover over a game box-art it brings up four game icons, clicking on the i icon brings up a popup showing game details. Now the only way to close this popup is to click close button inside the popup itself or clicking the i button again. What I wanted to ask is, if this popup can act as a hover-box i.e. it closes automatically when I move my mouse pointer away from the game box-art. and yes it is a feature request but I'm unsure if it would be feasible or not. Thank you!Laugh

3rd point is a feature request. He means that when the user clicks on the "i" the info box appears. So he wants that any to disappear when the user notes the cursor away from the boxart . Currently once the i is clicked the info box disappears only when the user clicks on another game or free space.

Ok, now I fully understand. I think the i was a feature request a while back, being able to view info quickly like this. Jason intentionally coded it this way, but I am unsure if its really important for the behavior to stay this way. He'll need to specify. Edit: Also as a note for the first feature request, that would most likely need to be an option, as with most things. I personally have a lot of rom hacks and Japanese games where the box art wont tell me the name exactly. :P This is a me problem however.

Hi ncross, welcome indeed. Sorry I'm getting to this post so late (been hiding away feverishly building new features). ;) An option for #1 is already planned (though it may be only in the future premium version). I'll add to do items to look into #2 and #3. Btw, if you're interested in beta testing, please do hop on in and subscribe to the beta testing thread. :)