LaunchBox Community Forums

What has become of this world we live in??

ps4isthefuture

I remember the fond memories of watching Sesame Street when I was a kid. “Sesame Street: Old School” is adults-only: “These early ‘Sesame Street’ episodes are intended for grown-ups, and may not suit the needs of today’s preschool child.” When 8 years ago Sesame Street Classic was released in two DVD sets. Awesome right? Well until you see it is rated for Adult viewing only, not suitable for viewing by children...wtf....really? This means the people of my generation who grew-up on the old Sesame Street that now have kids decided that their children will become misinformed, corrupted, and offended by what we watched as kids. This is the example of the world we live in of people getting offended about everything. Because of watching Sesame Street I watched as a kid I was able to enter school almost 2 years before normal because I could count to 100, say my alphabet, knew colors (colours), and shapes. It also taught me to share, be polite, caring of others, and helping people in need. I just can't believe it. I wonder what other programms I watched as a kid they might say I shouldn't have? Reading Rainbow, 321 Contact, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, Square One, and what about Schoolhouse Rock? Absolute.....I can't find words for my utter disappointment and disbelief right now....

Oh and this article, HERE, people are thinking too much into things. I'm sorry but do parents now forget that kids 3 - 5 don't think like us, let alone actually really remember more than a few minutes after watching anything. All I can really remember for the most part are the songs and maybe a few funny sketches. Am I alone on this or am I the crazy one?? Mahnamahna!!
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/8N_tupPBtWQ

Well kids are a lot smarter than most people think. Granted, a 3 year old probably wont remember something unless it is traumatic, and who's to say what traumatic is and traumatic isn't. I am more worried that parents now day are not parents to their children. They're anything other. Either they dont give a shit or they try to be their best friend. It's really up to the parent to figure out what is suitable for their child and their child only. Not ever other child on their street or in their child's school. It's certainly not the schools priority to be their parent. If I recall, did the original creators come out and say it wasn't originally intended for children either? I don't remember... I didn't even watch Sesame Street growing up. Barney was my jam.

I'm with you, ps4. Society today, especially American society, gets everything wrong. From parenting, to diet, to healthcare, to security; there is little that is done well. I tend to believe it has something to do with a society run entirely by money, but that's just a hypothesis.

Jason Carr said I'm with you, ps4. Society today, especially American society, gets everything wrong. From parenting, to diet, to healthcare, to security; there is little that is done well. I tend to believe it has something to do with a society run entirely by money, but that's just a hypothesis.
Ah, yes! It's all about the money (and always has been). The Illuminati/New World Order. Frown If you think it's not all about the money, you're in denial! Wink Check-out Zeitgeist: The Movie A bit old now, but a great Conspiracy-type movie (there are good sequels, too). The 3rd segment is about finance. A case-in-point (barely): Most people think the Federal Reserve is some sort of money-controlling Federal agency. Not hardly! It's privately owned, and sticks it to us on a regular basis. But that's another story. IMHO, parenting is one of the most important (and difficult (to get it right)) jobs there is. But, in our lame society (however, in the world scheme of things, I suppose our society isn't so bad), that's one of the few jobs where you don't need the slightest bit of qualifications, so, the best losers our society can generate are crankin'-out more and more losers at an alarming rate, and the 'rocket scientists', well, they're crankin'-out 'geniuses' much more slowly. Frown Doh! But, I'll call it quits for now, before I really start ranting. Smile An ornery, ol' cuss such as myself, can easily get on a 'negative roll'. Wink