LaunchBox Community Forums

A perfect Commodore Amiga WinUAELoader.exe aviable!

aRcAdEsTaTiOn

orac31 said is it ok if I post a video on how I got mine working?
Hey, hows the video? :) I've checked with running games through Fsuae and the annoying WHDLoad Register message is always there, however when you goto the WHDLoad website to the register page, it says, Registration: Starting with WHDLoad release 18.2 a registration is neither required nor possible. Please update to the latest available WHDLoad version. So apparently at some point, the registration has stopped, and you can no longer register, and are supposed to just update the WHDLoad version... thats fine, but FSuae has WHDload setup already internally? So how can I even update the WHDLoad within FS uae? God this is confusing :S The only emulator I can't get to work properly...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found a Hack/Fix until the FS-uae is updated with correct WHDload version (Which no long requires the Key) copy 18.2 WHDLoad executable to $DOCUMENTS/FS-UAE/Cache/Downloads/fb4/ replacing the file fb4c64b0b5e682125e53eb2ace9bf0ccd3b8501f (Cached old whdload). This will remove the registration warning which no longer applies anymore, since you cannot purchase now.

To share with you guys my testing experiences so far: Fs uae does emulate Amiga games to everything you need, but currently with many exceptions. For this setup I used 1 main default config for fsuae, and dragged into Launchbox either the ADF file (Floppy) or WHDLoad (Harddisk) images (You can use both to get a great setup). Especially since WHDLOAD does not support save states, and therefore it's not useful for long games such as Dungeon Master. For Dungeon Master, I specifically use the ADF disk image, because Save states are possible. FsUAE REALLY needs to support Savestates, and I'm sure it can be done, even if it means creating a separate file outside of the WHD image. For now, to import to launchbox AFD - Drag this main file DISK 1 into Launchbox, but I don't know of a way to auto assign the disks 2, 3, 4 etc to the FsUae launcher? so this means having to Press F12 in game, to come out and manually swap the disks over. (This is not a problem within Fsuae, because you can save the launcher of each set of AFD's to a game, and therefore not have to worry about disk swapping. Hopefully there is a way to auto insert the extra AFD disks into drives, on launching a game through launchbox? WHD - Drag the ZIP file, no need to extract, into launchbox, and it should launch straight off. So if you're using AFD files you have to swap disks every time in game (annoying) and you have to manually import each and every disk 1 of all games for your collection. (Masses of time) - Also I noticed that Dungeon Master WHD won't launch with an error saying Disk 1 cant be read. Where's the other Amiga emulator people here? Lets perfect this ^^

Yea I really need to figure out a good good way to deal with Amiga. I have it constantly reminding me to do it, but I am so afraid im gonna f that one up royally. Amiga is stupid complicated and I need to work on a great way to get it up and running. WHDLoad is great as it removes a lot of guessing work with individual floppy files and it combines everything, but you've found out a big downfall of WHDLoad games. Though, I don't expect Save States for DOS, so why should I expect them for this?

Sorry I got a new pc so was side tracked playing around with that so have forgotten about the video must get back on to ir. My dungeon master works great whd so mabey a bad whd? Thanks for the whd info will update later Must say love launch box with back ground videos makes it look fantastic

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all. New to the forums and launchbox as a whole. Ive been playing around with Winuae, WHDLoad and Winuae loader this evening and I think ive cracked it. Every game i've tried, loads. On the one game i've tried (Cannon Fodder), i've been able to save and reload the saved game, even after a full system reboot. Cool Ive also managed to import well over 100 games into launchbox and tested successfully. I don't have big box so cant vouch for that.Embarassed I'm going to give it another run through tomorrow (will test with Dungeon Master) and hopefully will be able to provide screenshots / guides how I did it. BTW there are also no legal splash screens.

CryEmbarassed Well it would seen i was a little premature. The only Winuae, WHDLoad games that save are the ones for the CD32. I still have all the games working but not the save feature. I wonder if i could write a BAT file to mount the standard .adf files correctly and run WinUAE.? Confused Back to the Drawingboard

Ok. To quote an ancient Greek. EUREKA.CoolWink Using just WinUAE, WHDLoad and WinUAE Loader i now have my WHD files loading (although some appear to run a little fast). BEST OF ALL..... I can save on all games. I have tried on a few but especially the best game in the world the AWESOME Dungeon Master. To be honest saving is completed via a almost unknown part of WinUAE and a bit of a cheat, But it works.Surprised At the moment it is 10:15 pm here in the UK and I've been at work all day. As such i will try to post a complete guide, with screenshots, sometime in the next few days.

Locutus74 said Ok. To quote an ancient Greek. EUREKA.CoolWink Using just WinUAE, WHDLoad and WinUAE Loader i now have my WHD files loading (although some appear to run a little fast). BEST OF ALL..... I can save on all games. I have tried on a few but especially the best game in the world the AWESOME Dungeon Master. To be honest saving is completed via a almost unknown part of WinUAE and a bit of a cheat, But it works.Surprised At the moment it is 10:15 pm here in the UK and I've been at work all day. As such i will try to post a complete guide, with screenshots, sometime in the next few days.
I will give it a try when you post it and see what its like compared to fsuae I went to fsuae because they where running to fast in winuae

OK. Here goes. Please accept my apologies this is my first guide so I hope I don’t miss any “Crucial” steps. What you need to start. WinUAE WHDLoad (Registered) WinUAE Loader Amiga Kickstart Roms First extract WinUAE into the folder you are wanting your emulators to be located. Do the Same for your WinUAE Loader. As you can see I have created a WinUAE Loader for each of the systems I will use (and an extra for demos). Folders Next extract your WHDLoad files and copy them into each of the WinUAE Loader folders. WHD Copy your kickstart roms into each WHD/Devs/Kickstart Folder Ok now onto configuring. Run WinUAE Loader Win Paths Tab. Win 1 The Sections boxed in RED are the only sections you need to set if using WHD Files. The WinUAE Exe is self explanatory, This is the location of the WinUAE EXE File. The WHDLoad section is the location of your Amiga Game WHD Roms Input Tab Win 2 This is broken into 3 sections. Input options:- Ensure that this is enabled to allow controllers to work with the games. Exit Options:- This allows you to set the key that will close WHDLoad. The Default is Esc but as the Amiga games use that key quite a lot I changed mine to 19 (Pause/break). It also allows you to set how long it takes to close. Default is 1 Second. Input Mappings:- Allows you to configure the various inputs available for games. (I didn’t change this) Configs Tab Win 3 Im not sure if this is needed but I change the Amiga configuration file location to match the location in my WinUAE folder. Settings Tab Win 4 The Red sections are all you need to configure, Use the settings displayed. Tools Tab Win 5 If you want to test your settings, make sure to change this section to WHDLoad. Now on to launchbox. As usual go to: Tools Manage Emulators Add Launch Give your emulator a name. Set the location of your Winaue Loader EXE As we are using WHDLoad files you will need this command line. Don’t for get to add the Associated Platforms. Thats all you should need to get the games running. Just Import some roms and test. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Now I promised you the ability to save games. Its not pretty BUT It works. Load the game you are wanting to play. When you are wanting to save don’t use the games usual save process. Instead Press F12. This will bring up the WinUAE properties. WU On the left choose Miscellaneous WU1 As you can use the Save State function to save your game and Load State to reload the next time you play. Once Saved or Loaded click OK to go back to your game. I am sorry if anyone was already aware of this method. But for me its the easiest way at the moment.Embarassed I know that you can map the save state and load state buttons so my next task is to find a way to make this possible and a smother process. If i do i will let you all know.

Doesn't the quicksave/quickload key combos work any more? Shift+End+numpad 0 Quick savestate to slot 0 (replace 0 with 1 for slot 1 etc) End+numpad 0 Quick loadstate from slot 0 (replace 0 with 1 for slot 1 etc) (Taken from the GameBase Amiga help file I wrote many moons ago).

Hi. To my understanding the quick load / save work ok whilst you are in the game but once you have closed the game down you cant reload the last quick save.? The main problem is that games that save to Floppy cant long term save when they are WHDLoad file. Please do tell me if i am wrong.?

After a bit of messing around I've found the quicksave/quickload does work with WHDLoad games however it has to have a savestate name defined first. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/Belgarath_UK/whdsavestates_zpsfvdwleos.jpg Tested successfully with Turrican Please bear in mind that I'm using GameBase Amiga for this so I'm not sure how you'd implement it in Launchbox.

On 08/08/2016 at 11:20 PM, Belgarath said:

After a bit more messing around it seems to only work if you manually save it first, but whdload and savestates are not a good combination, it was never meant to be used with whdload and your game will probably crash next time it loads anything from disk.

Yes this also works with my setup.

Save / load first manually. Then the quick saves work.

As ive said on oracs fsuae thread, I'm working on individual configs for adf files. Downside is that its long and other than providing my files I cant see how its easily duplicated. :$