LaunchBox Community Forums

Any tips for easily adding all ScummVM games?

donarumo

I have a folder containing separate directories for every ScummVM game. Is there any automated method for adding all of these games? I've created a separate ScummVM platform and I've added a couple of games manually. I'd almost be okay with adding them one at a time but LaunchBox does not have a listing for a lot of the games (like Astro Chicken) and LaunchBox keeps insisting I need to specify an emulator for ScummVM games.

So we don't really have proper tools and methods for ScummVM yet. We've very much let it go to the wayside over the past year or so. Steam and DOS got revamped but not ScummVM. Truth be told it isn't very popular in our ecosystem and it got lost in the sea of requests and threads. Jason and myself were just talking about this the other day because I wanted to do a tutorial for it, but we're going to wait till it gets a revamp. Jason knows about it, and in about 2 weeks he is going to have a ton more time so he can start moving through the back catalog of features and revamps. ScummVM is at the top.

If they use the same file extension you could go into the folder in explorer and type the extension in search and all the files will show up without the folders or if they don't have the same extension you can type *.* in the search bar and it wlill return all files and folders in the directory scroll past the folders and then highlight all the files you need for all the games and then drag them over to LaunchBox. I don't know anything about ScummVM so if they don't work like regular ROM files and there is no emulator then this actually wouldn't be a valid method. If they do though it would definitely work to access the files you need from sub directories at the same time. Edit: After reading Brads post I see this will not work.

DOS76 said If they use the same file extension you could go into the folder in explorer and type the extension in search and all the files will show up without the folders or if they don't have the same extension you can type *.* in the search bar and it wlill return all files and folders in the directory scroll past the folders and then highlight all the files you need for all the games and then drag them over to LaunchBox. I don't know anything about ScummVM so if they don't work like regular ROM files and there is no emulator then this actually wouldn't be a valid method. If they do though it would definitely work to access the files you need from sub directories at the same time. Edit: After reading Brads post I see this will not work.
The problem though is ScummVM games are not a single file, nor do they have an exe, so it is kind of tricky.