LaunchBox Community Forums

How bad-ass is your gaming rig?

CadetStimpy

Well, mine's not too impressive (my Video Card (an Asus HD7770-2GD5) is the weak link, I believe), but check this one out: Apexx5.jpg Boxx's Apexx 5 - total insanity! Weeee! Gordon Mah Ung, the Executive Editor at PCWorld specced one out as follows: So what does the Apexx 5 cost? That all depends on what you stuff inside the chassis. The 18-core CPUs themselves aren't even carried on Intel's public price list, but I found them for $6,600 a piece. For kicks, I had Boxx spec out an Apexx 5 with a pair of Xeon E5 2699v3 chips, 512GB of DDR4/2133, three Quadro K6000 cards, a fourth Quadro K2200, two 480GB Intel 730 Extreme Performance SSDs in RAID 0, another four 800GB SSDs, Blu-Ray drive and a sound card (cause we have the slots, right?) and it came in at $58,349. Obviously, the price can be pushed up even higher. If you're interested, click here for PCWorld's full article, and here for Boxx's website. I'll continue to "Dream On". Laugh