LaunchBox Community Forums

OMG! What have I become? One of my New Years Resolutions is "Improved Cable Management"!

CadetStimpy

Here's my 'practice run' Laugh: Cable-Management-1.jpg Next, my Home Entertainment System's Surge Protector: APC.jpg That huge plug (that says APC on it) goes to a Power Filter ($56 on Amazon) under my stand, for Noise Filtering and additional Surge Protection for my TV and A/V Receiver. I'm still waitin' for a couple of special connectors, but once I get those installed, I'll post a picture of my attempt to 'organize' the major 'rat's nest' behind my Home Entertainment System (which includes 5 Gaming Consoles). It kinda sucks doin' it, but I must admit, I feel a little sense of accomplishment when it's finished. Smile

An 'I have to pay everything' trip to Eww Jersey (never heard that one (Eew J), but I like it!), now you're talkin'! Laugh All I've seen of Eww Jersey is what you can see from the NJ Tollpike. Laugh You may have hit on a part-time job opportunity for me, DOS. I could be The Tidy Cable Guy (not to be confused with the Tidy Bowl Guy), or whatever. I'll need a catchy motto, though. How 'bout, "If I can't clear-up your cabling catastrophe, it's orderly appearance is forever futile", or something equally unclever? Wink P.S. The last of my connectors for Cable Management Phase 1 arrived yesterday, so I hope to complete it by tomorrow.

Its actually very beautiful here in the southern part of the state and in many place in the north too when you get away from the turnpike as you get closer to the city (NYC) it gets much more industrialized and crowded. There are way to many people crammed into this place though that's for sure.

DOS76 said Its actually very beautiful here in the southern part of the state and in many place in the north too when you get away from the turnpike as you get closer to the city (NYC) it gets much more industrialized and crowded.
Yah, every state, even Eew Jersey, has some beautiful scenery somewhere. Not sure why, but I had always 'pictured' NJ as mostly a bunch of oil refineries and tough women that have a heavy accent of some sort. Laugh
DOS76 said There are way to many people crammed into this place though that's for sure.
I won't digress too much, but I believe the majority of the world's problems are because there are way too many f*(%ing people! We can't handle them all (do in large part, I suppose, to the fact millions of 'em don't have any money). In a way, I'm glad I'm in the '4th quarter', as it were. I shudder to think how bad things may be in 50 years (barring our early termination from a nuclear holocaust, courtesy of any number of deranged diaper-heads). Was that politically incorrect? Well, they can call me a bacon-eater. I think I can take it without crying about someone hurting my delicate and fragile feelings. LaughLaugh 'Course, if you behead people, burn 'em alive, and other fun stuff such as that, I can't imaging someone calling them names would bother 'em too much. I really need to flee to Belize! Laugh Remember in Blast from the Past when Calvin (Christopher Walken), Adam's Dad, emerged from the Bomb Shelter (in his Hazmat Suit) for the first time since 'the blast', and unknowingly finds himself in a sleazy neighborhood and thinks the planet is in a serious world of hurt? Well, unless you have a lot of cash, so you can live in an armed compound (as many retired Americans do in South America, etc.), your neighborhood may someday look like that! Frown P.S. And in a statement not related to my ranting, Blast from the Past is one of those fun movies (for me), such as Groundhog Day, that I can watch numerous times. Smile

Okay, here's the front view, so you can see what the stuff is (PS3 Slim in lower-right shadows): I believe I have most of the wires successfully hidden from the front view. System-Front-View.jpg The thing atop the Xbox is a little 'manual switch-box' for 4 different L/R Audio & Video (white, red, yellow) input sets, so I can switch between the SNES and Xbox without messing with any cables. Since I don't use the real old school stuff (Intellivision II, NES, & SNES) much, I only plug in their transformers when I use them. Now to the cabling... You can see the Ethernet Switch left-center. Since I have a few Network Capable devices, I decided to use this switch to minimize my Ethernet Cabling. Intelly-and-NES-1.jpg Tidy-1.jpg Tidy-2.jpg Now on to my PC's rat's nest. Aarrgghh!

Thanks, Jason. There was a lot of time involved, and lots of cussing! Laugh But now that Phase 1 is complete, I'm fairly content with the current results. If I ever do it, Phase 2 may involve thoroughly 'un-twisting' all cables, so they flow and bunch-up much better, but I really don't wanna do all that. Gettin' even lazier in my old age... Laugh

DOS76 said There are way to many people crammed into this place though that's for sure.
Yup, you weren't makin' it up (I didn't think you were Smile). According to the Census Bureau Website, NJ is the most densely populated state of the 50, at 1,218 people/sq mi! Frown In contrast, Alaska comes in last, with 1 person/sq mi. Laugh

• 4 months later...