LaunchBox Community Forums

Today is Amazon Primeday, but...

CadetStimpy

Many of the deals are quite good, but everything has a "time window" to buy within. Many of the deals have already ended, including the monitor I was gonna save 32% on. Doh! Many other items aren't on sale yet - it appears they put different things 'out' every 5 minutes. Primeday.jpg

We spent too much money this morning... but I got her birthday presents, we got our new phone (that we were planning on getting anyways), and I grabbed my new capture card because my old one is giving me driver failure messages during boot, and the only fix is system restoring. The phone we got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015YCRZ1A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 My capture card replacement: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CVOMZDM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I've been wanting to get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4CVMQI/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1CY3GOG15DAYY But there are way more powerful (but obviously more expensive) other ones that do something similar, and also have full keyboards out there. I want the Pyra super bad actually, but it's $590 (About 540 Euro cause it comes from Germany). I ended up getting a bracket that will fit my 10" Kindle in hopes that the emulators on here will perform better than my PSP, and the bracket controller holds together well enough. Damn Amazon.

ViewSonic is a good brand. That's actually a super good deal. That response time is great. It's not an IPS (which is just the type of screen), but you probably won't honestly notice it. I certainly paid a lot more for my LG than that, and it's the same size. Not much more, but it has built in speakers, 2ms delay, IPS monitor.

SentaiBrad said It's not an IPS (which is just the type of screen), but you probably won't honestly notice it.
No, probably not. 40 years ago I had 20/15 vision, but not now. Frown I did an experiment a few years back where I synced-up a DVD and Blu-ray disc of Avatar (2 different players, obviously) to the same TV (a nice Samsung). Whilst swithing between the two on different types of scenes, I was hard-pressed to notice a significant difference (I found the difference to be pretty slight). Point being, my vision isn't that great anymore.