LaunchBox Community Forums

The Additional Apps feature

DOS76

Ok I am setting up additional apps for over 200 Saturn Games one for mount and one for unmount I've done about 50 of these so far (I can't get the .bat to work it never mounts the image so I have no choice but to put in the work) when I'm done I was wondering if there is some way that I can copy them to another system and edit them like you can with the XML file I would need to change the path to Daemon Tools and the application path to each game in the command-line parameters line I have at least three other systems to do this to so I'm looking at a lot of work I looked through my whole XML file and didn't see any mention to the additional apps for any of the games that I added them to so were are they kept and is there a way to move to another system and edit them.

Hi @DOS76, the additional apps are in the XML file, however it might not be easy to map them up to the games. Search for AdditionalApplication and you should find them. They're not listed directly under the games though, which might make it more difficult. They're mapped up to the games via the GameID field.

argh that sounds like it should be complicated I'll look into it though. I have an additional question though when a game has multiple disk I name the second disk Disk 2 set the path to the .cue file for the second disk but I am unsure as what I should set the command line parameters to be. I then click the use emulator check box I've done this a few times before but now that I think of it I've never tried any of the games to see how it works I'm figuring it probably needs some kind of command to work.

Ok a little issue with this if I am using to run the second disk of a Saturn game through SSF (which every game uses a mount and unmount additional app to start with how would I set that up just listing the .cue doesn't work because Daemon Tools isn't being instructed to load the new disk. I'm guessing I am going to have to leave all the disks up in the list make additional apps for them then I could still make the additional app to the .cue and the instructions from its additional app will then implement.

Ok I'll try I'm using SSF to emulate Sega Saturn there is a .bat file listed on the forums that will auto mount and unmount games but using that it only works for me about 20% of the time so I am stuck using the additional apps method for my Saturn games I go in to the editor and then additional apps and create two separate apps one to mount the game and another to unmount this method works brilliantly except that it is very labor intensive (so in computer equivalent very time consuming not to mention tedious) I have a few games with more than one disc for other systems (PS1 or PS2) you can just add the 2nd disk as an additional app and run it from the right click menu of the game easy peasy. With the Saturn games using the method I'm using if I was to add the 2nd disc as an additional app then Daemon Tools wouldn't get the command to mount and unmount the game SSF will start but no game will be loaded. I hope you follow so far. This leads me to think that if I want to launch the 2nd disk I have to leave it in the games list because I have to set up the mount and unmount commands to get it to work so for multidisk games in Saturn you have to have all the disks showing to launch those disks. I was thinking that I could still make mount and unmount commands for the second disk and then add the second disk as an additional app to the 1st one but that would probably not worth it with I'm stuck with the multiple entries anyway.

you would need a .bat to have Daemon mount the game SSF to run it and then Daemon to unmount it then place that in additional app. I tested the make a mount and unmount app in the disk 2 settings then I made an additional app to the 2nd disk from the first disk but when you use that it doesn't seem to pick up the mount app from the second disk so for enemy zero (and some others) I will just have to have multiple disk showing. I wish someone would work on SSF and get it to load its own games like most other disk based emulators do but I don't think there has been an update in awhile.