LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching XBox One app from LaunchBox

DOS76

Ok tonight I figured out how to setup the XBox One app to launch from with in LaunchBox this would also work for any Windows Store apps. To do so first hit Win+R then type in "shell.AppsFolder" Once in the folder you will see your apps go down to the bottom of the file list and right click on the XBox app and create a shortcut on the desktop. Next open LaunchBox and go to Tools\Manage Emulators from there name the emulator whatever you want. Then use the browse button and go to desktop click the drop down tab for the file type and choose all files click on your Xbox shortcut. Name a default platform afterwards and then exit. Then drag and drop the shortcut into LaunchBox add it like a rom file (or you probably can do otherwise I just went with this because I knew it would work using rom settings) Add your XBox One logo through the editor and then double-click it launches the app and you can click on steaming and start your X-Box up remotely (if you have a password on then you have to actually sign in to the physical machine Which is dumb as hell and completely ruins the concept of streaming but once disabled it works brilliantly) It would be nicer if it launched to the streaming option but I'm not going to complain to much. Hope someone enjoys. PS I was thinking that this would be cool for arcade machines but then I realized it only works with One or 360 controllers as of now who knows if there will be 3rd party support or not.
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Doing "shell.AppsFolder" seems to no longer work. I looked around for other ways and seems some are saying to get permission in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps and all..but looks like I'm having no luck to even found a XboxApp.exe in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxApp_44.44.7002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe which seems to not work as well. I found other sites claiming C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxApp_7.7.29027.0_x64__~~~~~~~~~ to be the trick..but even that seems to fail. I guess maybe years later after all these updates they managed to make it tougher to do?

I was hoping to have it at least launch me to the App so I can stream to my XBO from BigBox, even if doesn't go directly to the game title selected.

• 3 months later...