LaunchBox Community Forums

System Out of Memory Exception thrown

DOS76

AH! Let me check on that and see if it helps I was thinking of changing over to list view if that might help. I also removed all image folders except front for all of my platforms hoping that would help but since adding the extra 700 games problems started. I guess I have to just figure out which games are essential to have in LaunchBox and the others will still be on the SD card if need be. That or I will just have to create a separate LaunchBox instance for each Platform or at least each emulator.

No crashes since disabling the RAM cache the images do take a second to load but it only has 1GB of RAM and the cache was set to 512mb could I enable it and set it to something ridiculously low say like 32 mb and maybe get slightly faster load times of the images but not wreck havoc on the system. I was weary of buying this tablet due to the small amount of RAM and flash memory only 16GB drive but it was $89 dollars so as the cliche goes you get what you pay for. I bought it strictly to use as a hand held gaming system and so far it handles games great it is a little choppy with Project 64 and TurboEngine. Included are images of the handheld controller and the one I use in my car (I take my grandmother to a lot of appointments and wait in the car either watching Plex or playing games) I have another tablet that fits in a dashboard mount that I have so that's my carputer it has GPS and OBDII functionality and I use a car PC front end called DriveLine as the UI.
Spoiler
Ipega-Telescopic-controller.jpg
Spoiler
Ipega-Classic-controller.jpg
Spoiler
DriveLine.jpg

It's an Insignia they are carrying them at BestBuy at least here in Jersey it is comparable in price to some Android tablets but I just prefer Windows not that Android isn't any good I find it highly functional just not my preference. So far it's pretty good (I fear the 16GB storage space though). Microsoft should work on better ways to manage small drives with conjunction to removable storage like if you are using flash memory or if during install it detects an SSD it should during setup offer options to install certain parts of Windows onto removable storage or at least make it easier to transfer it to it.