LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 10 Insider Build 11082

DOS76

I just want to warn everyone who maybe an insider on the fast ring and hasn't updated yet that the latest build has a bug where when you copy files there will be no progress bar to allow you to monitor your transfer so basically in my case I just started copying N-R of my PS2 ISO's to a 5TB drive on my new gaming PC and I have no clue how long it is going to take or how I could stop it short of shutting down the computer. I don't know how that got out there but it is a major annoyance for sure.

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), scroll down to Windows Explorer (If you have a folder open its under Apps, if its closed its under Windows Processes) and end explorer. At the top, File -> Run New Task and input 'explorer.exe'. This should restart Explorer and cancel the transfer manually. Another method is signing out and logging back in since it should also do a similar thing. This is just so you don't have to fully restart.

• 4 weeks later...
I believe that you can join the insider program at any time. If you pull up the action center then go into update & security I believe that in advanced options you can choose to start getting insider builds you turn it on and then choose to be in either the fast ring or the slow ring. I just confirmed this on my brothers tablet there is definitely an option to start getting insider builds.