LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES question

DOS76

Okay I have some SNES games that have duplicates but the only difference is a string of numbers after the title what is the differences and do the numbers specify which one is the newer version based on the higher value is the newer game or is that not how they do it? I'm making the dupes additional apps and want to make sure that the better/newer version is the main game.

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (U)(6526) Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (U)(26454) Chester Cheetah - Wild Wild Quest (U)(14145) Chester Cheetah - Wild Wild Quest (U)(59734) Choplifter 3 (U)(30545) Choplifter 3 (U)(54553) ESPN Baseball Tonight (U)(10548) ESPN Baseball Tonight (U)(29611) ESPN Speed World (U)(22556) ESPN Speed World (U)(33159)(Copyright Screen Different) ((I guess this one is explained a little)) I'm sure there are more but the library is almost 800 games so I'm just showing these few as examples.

The only thing I can come up with is it's either some kind of weird revision or dump differentiation or possibly a checksum indicator. I don't think I've ever encountered that specific format. This is a pretty good reference for rom suffixes. The only thing that seems to fit with that list would be a checksum.