LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintendo NX

DOS76

I was just curious as to whether or not the new Nintendo would support any kind of VR and I came upon this story which I suggest you take it for what it is worth because it is plainly filled with speculations and rumors. I just found it interesting considering if it does have VR and also the rumored anywhere functionality of the handheld (which will be insane if it is true) that this will be a very unique console and hopefully Nintendo will be rewarded for their innovation.

I honestly doubt it. Unless the NX is going to be roughly the power of the new Xbox One (Project Scorpio), then they'll need add-on hardware liek the small black box for PS VR, that would require them to then have 4 pieces of "active" hardware on the market. Especially if you believe the handheld rumors, there is no way that machine is powerful enough in a small enough size and under $300-$400.

I don't know the handheld wouldn't need to be that powerful you would just need a good internet connection to stream from the console at your home. Also I don't believe rumors nor do I disbelieve them I just know they are rumors and wait for facts to know whether they are true or not.

Yea totally. If it's more of the hybrid... then maybe. People have issues streaming their PS4 or Xbox from outside of their network if it works at all, and we expect Nintendo to nail complicated streaming right away? :P Rumors are fun to talk about, but I know Nintendo. I am SUUUUPER hopeful, but... I don't want them to stop being as polished as they are with their games or unique, but I think they should start off a bit more grounded.

DOS76 said They truly are unique that is for sure.The 1st time I played Mario 3d Worlds and the screen was telling me to blow on the controller to operate the fan I was totally mind blown.
Let alone that it's a fanboy callout to Famicom players who actually had the opportunity to whistle at the Pol's voice (an repeated in Link Between Worlds on the 3DS if I remember correctly). Experimental input modes are embedded deep in Nintendo's DNA. I'm hopeful they can pull something off, but boy do they have a lot of groveling to do when it comes to their SDKs, third parties, and fan relationships (read: DMCA YouTube shenanigans).

Yea I have some wierd issues with that on YouTube. They claimed the music, rightfully so, in a video I did (ironically about me celebrating their 125th birthday) and someone else who was not Nintendo claimed the Great Deku Tree's moustache. So in the end no one got paid because DMCA. I don't know if that's more telling about YouTube and that they essentially had to do this system, and it could be better, or that... it's already super uneven Nintendo, were you really gonna make that much money off of me? I know it's an automated system, but it's frustrating. xD Also, don't record a tutorial after being awake for 21 hours... I couldn't sleep until RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF RECORDING. >.<

SentaiBrad said They're actually working on making it better, they understand the rapant abuse now, finally.
We shall see. I'm a hair skeptical as these things always involve tradeoffs of interests. For every garbage DMCA letter written and takedown made, there's another who is getting his mod stolen and sold someplace else (see Bethesda community controversies in the last two weeks).