LaunchBox Community Forums

Dolphin 5.0 released

DOS76

With Dolphin 5.0 out now, can someone help me with how to update Dolphin, yet not lose my settings and saves from Dolphin 4.0? I am hoping that I can update/transfer like in Retroarch. Can someone offer some step-by-step advice if this is possible? Cheers,

I made a backup of the 4.x folder and installed 5.0 to a fresh directory. Can't be entirely sure but it looked like some custom controller settings made it through indicating that Dolphin normally stores settings in a separate user data directory. Do as I did and you should be fine. As for performance I was testing out Prime Corruption (how do people get used to those fps controls?) and performance was fine. I have to limit internal res to 1.5x and final res to 720p though. Even 2.x on 720p was causing slowdowns with busy scenes in Mario Galaxy. YMMV. My rig is a low watt Haswell i5 with gtx660 and 16gb ram in a small HTPC configuration.

Tested DirectX 12, x2.5 and x3 Internal Res, with Mario Sunshine and Rogue Squadron 2, solid 30 and 60 FPS mostly. A few drops for Sunshine when the camera swapped over fast, and RS2 actually runs! It loads, no graphical or audio screw ups. The game actually ran really well. I did get an actual error pop up, but the game kept running. I clicked yes to have Dolphin send the team reports when that stuff happens too, so hopefully it'll help em.

I recently played Carmen San Diego Secrets of the Stolen Drums and it says it playable but after you play through for a pretty long time it freezes when trying to get on the steamboat in N.O. I hope that they fix that soon me and my brother were playing together and having a good time only to get stuck. I just need to mod my Wii I have a Wii U so even if I brick it I'm not out to much.