LaunchBox Community Forums

One simple feature request : Sub-category

klownk

Hello, I just bought the premium version and it's a nice software. I'm looking for this for a long time. But it missing a simple feature for sorting ours games very simply. The capacity to add sub-category for each fields, or at least for the "Genre" field. For now we can add multiple "genre" to ours games but it's appear on the left sidebar and on the checkbox list when we choose the "genre", so it's not very useful. I hope you understand what I mean. :) Thank you!

Actually Jason, I think this is close to what we were already talking about on Steam, what I said would be a cool feature. Being able to more or less refine the Results from the left pane window. For example, If I want RPG's but I only want one system's RPG's, I could go in to Genre -> RPG's then -> PS1 or something... and vice versa. Another use more similar to what the OP is asking for, would be to do that same thing but for Genre's. So you go in to RPG then instead of, say PS1, the user selects Racing games. So now LaunchBox is showing you the results for multiple Genre's instead of just one. Or, a Genre for a specific Platform.

Sorry, I forget to put an example. I think it's close to what SentaiBrad said. I create a genre like "RPG". After that I want to add a sub-genre like "dungeon crawler" or "2D" or "3D" for example. Then on the left sidebar, when I click on RPG, I have the list of the sub-category that I added. That's all. And if I can add sub-sub-category it will be even greater :).

Yes, someone else who wants the same thing I want! I've requested this before: -2 dropdown category selections in sidebar divided evenly with a divider with each have a scrollbar to be able to see all categories in case the list exceeds screen range -sidebar category selection sharing the same selection as the toolbar category selection (so that what you are viewing stays the same when toggling sidebar off).