LaunchBox Community Forums

4.7 Really Slow

Kriven

I just updated to 4.7 this afternoon, and it is incredibly slow in comparison to the previous version. Clicking a game or navigating with the arrow key now takes several seconds to highlight the next game. The previous iteration moved to the next selection almost instantaneously.

Kriven said I just updated to 4.7 this afternoon, and it is incredibly slow in comparison to the previous version. Clicking a game or navigating with the arrow key now takes several seconds to highlight the next game. The previous iteration moved to the next selection almost instantaneously.
How big is your library, where is it installed, are you using more than the 512mb or RAM and do you have any other issues like audio crackling?

I have it installed to an external hdd, I don't understand the audio crackling question since the program doesn't have audio... no other audio has been crackling, though. At the time I made this query I only had imported my Steam library to the new install (I didn't update directly, because I am always wary of bugs... so I downloaded to a new directory and started over). That's 47 games. The problem seems to have fixed itself after I imported my NES library :-\ I'll post here again if it returns.

Kriven said I have it installed to an external hdd, I don't understand the audio crackling question since the program doesn't have audio... no other audio has been crackling, though. At the time I made this query I only had imported my Steam library to the new install (I didn't update directly, because I am always wary of bugs... so I downloaded to a new directory and started over). That's 47 games. The problem seems to have fixed itself after I imported my NES library :-\ I'll post here again if it returns.
LaunchBox can use Audio even if it isn't setup. I had an audio problem when ever I would watch or listen to stuff because of the Controller options for LB, thats why I ask. It also made LaunchBox lag really bad. Try giving LaunchBox more RAM and see if that helps. LaunchBox also relies on a decent HDD, so if its an external drive it could be performing poorly because of the USB interface. LB read's from the disc constantly for images. More images = more it has to read concurrently. Edit: Just read the other thread, yea your PC is technically powerful enough. Several months ago on a way earlier version I also had performance issues related to a corrupted image in the cache as well. I found that out when I tried to move my entire LB install and 3 images for a specific game didn't want to move because they were corrupted. I would also say, try an internal drive if you have one that isn't your OS drive.