LaunchBox Community Forums

"Play Music" option?

kaiiboraka

Hey there Jason! I've just recently discovered LaunchBox thanks to reddit, and it's quite the amazing little program! Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade to premium soon. At any rate, I have a question for you, or someone, regarding this "play music" option I keep seeing. I've searched these forums, and this website, and Google, and I've yet to find any place in particular that describes what this option is or does, or how to set it up and use it in any way. Is it just a simple matter of copying an .mp3 file into the metadata folders of each game? It's pretty unclear, to be honest... It sounds like a cool feature, but I just don't know how to make it work.

kaiiboraka said Hey there Jason! I've just recently discovered LaunchBox thanks to reddit, and it's quite the amazing little program! Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade to premium soon. At any rate, I have a question for you, or someone, regarding this "play music" option I keep seeing. I've searched these forums, and this website, and Google, and I've yet to find any place in particular that describes what this option is or does, or how to set it up and use it in any way. Is it just a simple matter of copying an .mp3 file into the metadata folders of each game? It's pretty unclear, to be honest... It sounds like a cool feature, but I just don't know how to make it work.
On any game you wish to set music to: Right click -> Edit. From there you'll be at the Edit Game menu, in the middle there will be several tabs, click on Other. Here you will find a few other options, one of them is the music function. Hit browse then browse in the new window to where the song is located. Once it is set, every time you click on that entry the song will start playing. If you click another game or alt-tab to another program the song will stop playing.

• 3 months later...