LaunchBox Community Forums

"Reboot and restart" loop

Hippyshake

When trying LaunchBox this morning, I received the "Some files could not be created" pop-up. with the suggestion to reboot Winodze and restart LB....which repeats the request once I've done those things. :) Is there a way I can save what I've imported so far, do a clean install, and transfer back those files to the proper directories (/Games and /Images, for example)? EDIT: Oddly enough, this only seems to happen with my initial copy of LB; my "testing" version updated just fine. Both are in /MyDocuments and called LaunchBox and LaunchBox2.

Hippyshake said When trying LaunchBox this morning, I received the "Some files could not be created" pop-up. with the suggestion to reboot Winodze and restart LB....which repeats the request once I've done those things. :) Is there a way I can save what I've imported so far, do a clean install, and transfer back those files to the proper directories (/Games and /Images, for example)? EDIT: Oddly enough, this only seems to happen with my initial copy of LB; my "testing" version updated just fine. Both are in /MyDocuments and called LaunchBox and LaunchBox2.
When you update LaunchBox the installer will pop up, you have to wait for LaunchBox to completely close. It can sometimes take several seconds for it to fully close depending on your library. Once LB is out of Task Manager you can go ahead and continue the update.

SentaiBrad said
Jason Carr said Ha, is that even *in* installation notes anywhere? Do we even *have* installation notes? ;)
So easy to miss you don't even know. :P
LOL! Yep, it's actually in the window that pops up during patching. I don't think I've read any of those since...oh, about 1996 or so. Completely my fault. :)