LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to add MAME Roms

appollo147

I am wanting to filter my MAME set using the new features in Launchbox 5.7, but everytime I scan the roms folder it scans for a few mionutes and tells me that 0 new roms were added. I have tried completely removing the MAME platform and starting over with it from scratch and that did not even work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you already import the games using an older version? Removing the platform doesn't work you have to first delete any games you added. If you already add your MAME games you will be able to see them under the All platform you must delete all of them from LaunchBox 1st. How far have you gotten with LaunchBox already you may be able to save time by deleting your LaunchBox.xml and starting over from there you will have to add everything again but as long as you don't touch any of your folders all of your Metadata and Images will be there to easily add back in. That or try using the backup folder take a backup from there and try to find a version of your xml from before you removed the platform.